London, UK -- Just in time for Halloween,the first ever Room on the Broom interactive games app isnow available from Magic Light Pictures through the iTunes store for iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod Touch; and Google Play and Amazon for Android devices, priced at $4.99 with no in app purchases.
The new Room on the Broom Games app is based on Penguin Group’s #1 best-selling children’s picture book written by the much-loved author Julia Donaldson, UK Children’s Laureate (2011-2013), and illustrated by Axel Scheffler—the same author and illustrator team that created the critically-acclaimed book series, The Gruffalo andThe Gruffalo’s Child. The Room on the Broom board book and paperback claimed the #1 and #2 spots respectively in the Children’s Picture Book Category for the weeks ending September 15, September 22 and September 29 according to Publishers Weekly.
The new game debuts just in time for Halloween alongside a range of high quality merchandise for the Room on the Broom brand, including books from Penguin, a range of plush from Kids Preferred, and the DVD release of the movie from NCircle Entertainment. Additionally, the multiple award-winning animated movie debuts this year in its first U.S. broadcast slots on 24-hour preschool network Sprout, airing on Oct 30, 31, Nov 29 and Dec 7, reaching more than 55 million households.
There’s room on the broom for everyone in this high quality games app for 3–7 year olds, featuring beautiful design based on Scheffler’s original illustrations. Offering children a safe, entertaining and interactive experience they can enjoy time and time again, Room on the Broom Games provides eight imaginative activities that players can interact and explore within, while practicing early learning skills such as counting, creativity and literacy through a range of engaging games. Collectively, the games explore the world of Room on the Broom, complementing the experience of reading the book and watching the film. Key characters are featured and players get to help them fly, eat and explore their world. Designed to ensure players and parents feel comfortable and safe in the digital space, there are no in-app purchases.
Julia Donaldson comments, “‘When Magic Light first mentioned to me the idea of producing a game offering children a different way to engage with the Room on the Broom characters, I was confident that they would produce another beautiful high-quality product to sit alongside their films and merchandise. The games have been especially designed to echo traditional children’s games of observation and memory and are a lovely addition to the world of Room on the Broom.” She adds, “My own favorites are feeding fries to the dragon and creating constellations of stars!”
Axel Scheffler added, “I’m delighted to see how my original artwork has been used to create such beautifully produced games that give children the opportunity to explore the world of Room on the Broom in a whole new way.”
Fans can play with their favorite characters—the Witch, Cat, Dog, Bird, Frog and Dragon in these magical games:
- Join the stars – Fly through the air and connect all the sparkly stars to find the right image!
- Find the hat – The Witch has lost her hat! Is it behind the tree? Help Dog find the hat in the woods.
- Windy day collecting game – It’s a windy day and Cat needs help collecting a few things, will you help? Be careful not to miss them!
- Find the bow – The Witch has lost her bow! Is it in the hay? Help Bird find the bow in the field.
- Find the wand – The Witch has lost her wand! Is it under the lily pad? Help Frog find the wand in the pond.
- Drawing with stars – Light up your imagination by creating pictures in the night sky. Place the numbered stars where you wish and watch the witch transform it into a dot-to-dot picture.
- Dragon loves fries – The Dragon is hungry and is planning to have fries for his dinner! Feed the dragon fries and avoid the other falling objects from the sky!
- Fly the magnificent broom – Whoosh! Join the gang on the magnificent broom and fly through the starry night sky. Take control and steer the broom to collect letters, which spell out a word!
Source: Magic Light Pictures