Portland, OR – Red Giant announced that BulletProof is now available as a free public beta and can be downloaded by visiting www.redgiant.com. BulletProof is a complete media prep and delivery solution for footage that simplifies the tedious tasks facing filmmakers every day on set. Bridging the gap between camera and editor, BulletProof combines all backup, organization, color and delivery tasks while handling footage from multiple cameras and media cards. Whether shooting with a Canon DSLR, Nikon DSLR or GoPro sports cam, filmmakers, videographers and data wranglers can now quickly and easily transform their capture into edit-ready footage.
During the public beta program, Red Giant will continue aggressive product development, adding features, new camera support and gathering customer feedback to further enhance the application.
To demonstrate the impact of BulletProof on a film set, award-winning director, Seth Worley released his newest short film, Spy Vs. Guy, as well as a behind-the-scenes video that highlights the BulletProof workflow.
Spy Vs. Guy
Spy Vs. Guy behind-the-scenes
Philip Bloom, a world-renowned director, DP and digital cinematographer, has been evaluating BulletProof as part of his workflow. "Post work is the biggest pain in my arse! I love to edit, it's creative, but the rest I despise -- the ingest, transcoding, syncing, logging. Nothing out of my work I loathe the most,” said Philip Bloom. “If an application came along that could lessen the pain, I would be a happy man. Guess what, it has! BulletProof could well be exactly what I needed. After some initial use, the time it can save me is becoming clear. It's also going to get better and better. In today's modern times, time is money. And while I may have run out of time, Bulletproof can stop me from running out of money!”
“Since the release of the DSLR camera and the rise of file-based video capture, the need for a better media prep solution has become obvious - as our team has discovered from our own film projects. Tapping into what we've learned over the last decade of building tools for filmmakers, like Magic Bullet, we designed and built BulletProof, which we believe is the most affordable, complete solution that bridges the gap between the camera and the editor,” said Andrew Little, president and co-founder of Red Giant. “And the feedback since the announcement is telling; the feature set is really resonating with filmmaker needs. Moving forward, we are collecting customer feedback and aggressively adding the features, camera support and workflow capabilities they’re looking for to further enhance the product.”
The BulletProof Workflow
The BulletProof workflow is presented in a series of five views, arranged in a left-to-right flow that mirrors what filmmakers do on set every day.
- Import: Offloading clips from media cards and drives is quick and safe in Import. BulletProof doesn’t alter data while copying and backing up, so the integrity of your footage is alwaysmaintained.
- Organize: Set up shots before they reach the editing platform. In Organize, you can see thumbnails of the entire story, and check if the clips match the creative vision. Filmmakers organize their footage in a way that makes sense to them, using folders playlists, and metadata like keywords and star ratings.
- Review: Review gives filmmakers the power to check quality and story. Examine and scrub individual clips, and set In/Out points and markers as you narrow down the shots. Review mode ensures footage from different cameras will ultimately match. Filmmakers can set up a rough cut and get a feel for the edit—before sending it to the editor.
- Refine: Jumpstart the color grade with a first pass of color. Refine provides professional color tools like Colorista color wheels and LUTs that let you unify and fix colors on the spot to avoid reshoots later. All color and metadata are applied non-destructively, so original clips are always safe and untouched.
- Export: The Export view is designed for fast delivery of masters, proxies and dailies, without the usual tedium of transcoding. Options like Burn In, Frame Rate and Resolution make it simple to export in a single time-saving pass.
A list of camera and codec/format support for BulletProof v1.0 is available here www.redgiant.com. Additional camera support will be added as free updates for BulletProof customers, and will be announced as they are released.
Pricing and Availability
The final v1.0 of BulletProof will be available this summer and will be priced at $199.00 USD.
BulletProof v1.0 will be available for Mac OS first. A Windows version is in development and will follow the Mac OS release.
Source: Red Giant Software