files/pictures/picture-35.jpgNickelodeon is hosting the free, traveling exhibit "La Casa de Dora," a 10-city mall tour allowing kids to experience first-hand the interactive, bilingual home of DORA THE EXPLORER. "La Casa de Dora" kicks off Feb. 19, 2005, in Denver and will travel to 10 markets around the country, including Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Phoenix, Albuquerque and San Francisco.
"Preschoolers have embraced Dora's adventurous, helpful spirit and pride in her Latin culture, and we are thrilled to have created a world where they can experience it firsthand," said Cyma Zarghami, president, Nickelodeon Television. "We designed Dora's casa with full attention to detail. Families can spend hours being explorers themselves.
Created to embrace Latin culture and allow preschoolers to experience Dora's home, "La Casa de Dora" is a 2,000 square-foot, Latin American-inspired exhibit with a terracotta tiled roof house with several rooms and a courtyard. Each section of "La Casa de Dora" contains play and problem-solving activities with bilingual elements. Dora fans can enjoy lenticular family portraits and photo albums with bilingual elements. In the backyard, preschoolers can enjoy Latin music, computer games from NickJr.com, an interactive dance mat and the Dora costumed character.
Marketers partnering with Nickelodeon on "La Casa de Dora" include The Dodge Grand Caravan, General Mills' Kix and Procter & Gamble's Pampers and Bounty. Each "La Casa de Dora" location will have The Dodge Grand Caravan on-site.
Additionally, NickJr.com will launch a special "La Casa de Dora" Website for preschoolers and parents later this month, including games with bilingual elements that reflect the cultural and educational activities of the exhibit. Moreover, NICK JR. FAMILY MAGAZINE will produce a custom publication titled La Casita, which will be distributed to families at each "La Casa de Dora" location.
Tour Schedule (all malls are General Growth Properties)
* Feb. 19 & 20: Denver, Colorado: Southwest Plaza (Littleton)
* Feb. 26 & 27: San Francisco, California: Southland Mall (Hayward)
* March 5 & 6: Los Angeles, California: Galleria at Tyler (Riverside)
* March 12 & 13: Phoenix, Arizona: Arrowhead Towne Center (Glendale)
* March 19 & 20: Houston, Texas: Willowbrook Mall (Houston)
* April 2 & 3: Dallas, Texas: The Parks at Arlington (Arlington)
* April 9 & 10: New York, New York: Willowbrook Mall (Wayne, New Jersey)
* April 16 & 17: Albuquerque, New Mexico: Coronado Center (Albuquerque)
* April 23 & 24: Miami, Florida: Pembroke Lakes Mall (Pembroke Pines)
* April 30 & May 1: Chicago, Illinois: Spring Hill Mall (West Dundee)
), now in its 26th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. The company includes television programming and production in the U.S. and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon's U.S. television network is seen in more than 88 million households. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.