NFB Releases Stop-Motion App
Created 11/28/2011 - 14:33
files/pictures/picture-35.jpgPress Release from National Film Board
The NFB is proud to bring you PixStop—a versatile, intuitive app that makes it easier than ever to shoot and score your very own stop-motion animation film.
Designed for the iPad 2, the PixStop app captures as many as 10,000 images to create mini masterpieces up to 13 minutes long. Novice-friendly features, helpful tutorials and intuitive controls make this the perfect tool for first-time stop-motion animators and a great mobile tool for more advanced users too.
Easy to use
• Ages 10 and up
• Creative and educational
• Kid-friendly interface
• 3 short tutorials to get you started
• Sample movie included to fire up your imagination
• Help window to explain all app functions
Built for endless hours of fun
• Snap up to 10,000 images per film
• Add cool music from your iTunes library
• Adjust the speed of your film in an instant
• Delete images with one touch
• Personalize with titles and descriptions for easy reference
Just shoot and share
Export to your camera roll and share with your friends on YouTube or by e-mail.
Tutorials by NFB experts include:
1. Three Principles of Animation
2. Creating a Flipbook
3. Storyboarding Your Idea
About this app
Inspired by the stop-motion animation workshops offered at the Toronto Mediatheque and Montreal CineRobotheque, the PixStop app is brought to you by the National Film Board of Canada and offers budding filmmakers a fun way to discover the art of stop-motion animation.
To complement your use of this app, you can visit the NFB’s StopMoStudio, a comprehensive online stop-motion animation workshop. You can also watch hundreds of animated films from the famous NFB collection at NFB.ca or by downloading our NFB Films App today.