Shorts Intl, the programming and distribution arm of leading short films specialists Brit Shorts, announced that a special collection of 10 animated films from the world's hottest independent animators are available for purchase on the iTunes Music Store (www.itunes.com).
"These are extraordinary films, and we're delighted they are now available on iTunes," said Carter Pilcher, ceo of Shorts Intl. "Lending their voices to these extraordinary shorts are world-class talents like Paul Giamatti, John Turturro, Eli Wallach and Monty Python's Terry Jones. It's thrilling to hear such accomplished actors in this exciting medium."
Titles available for immediate download on iTunes include the 2006 Oscar winner for Best Short Animation, THE MOON AND THE SON: AN IMAGINED CONVERSATION and two 2006 Oscar nominated animations, THE MYSTERIOUS GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORATIONS OF JASPER MORELLO and BADGERED. The 10 short films run from 10 to 30 minutes in length and include:
* THE MOON AND THE SON: AN IMAGINED CONVERSATION: Winner, 2006 Oscar for Best Short Animation. A son explores his difficult relationship with his dead father through an imaginary conversation about the older man's past. Directed by John Canemaker and voices of John Turturro and Eli Wallach.
* THE FAN AND THE FLOWER: Leading animator Bill Plympton, veteran TV Producer/writer Dan O'shannon (CHEERS, MASH, FRASIER), and actor Paul Giamatti collaborate to bring this animated gem of an unusual love story. Shortlisted for 2006 Oscars ... .the perfect "gift film."
* SMILE: The menacing deeds of an evil Pirate lead Smile the happy face toy on a daring rescue mission to save his friend, the happy face balloon, from certain peril. Directed by Chris Mais.
* BUTTERFLY: The full-length version of the popular animation used as an early Keane music video. This story of a lonely and desperate boy who finds salvation within the confines of a grimy public toilet is gritty and magical. Directed by Corin Hardy.
* THE MYSTERIOUS GEOGRAPHIC EXPLORATIONS OF JASPER MORELLO: 2006 Oscar nominee for Best Short Animation. Haunted by a tragic mistake, an aerial navigator leaves his wife and embarks on a voyage of hope. Directed by Anthony Lucas.
* BADGERED: 2006 Oscar nominee for Best Short Animation. World war can't stop a beleaguered badger as he tries to get some sleep. Directed by Sharon Colman.
* THE FREAK: Set in a futuristic utopia where conformity is the highest law, a little dancing misfit manages to transform his world into a freakier place for all to enjoy. Directed by Aristomenis Tsirbas.
* THE MANTIS PARABLE: Everyone needs a hand but will one good turn end it all? A humble caterpillar trapped and with no means of escape shows the way to a bright future. Directed by Josh Staub.
* THE UNSTEADY CHOUGH: Talking birds? Drinking birds? Maybe. But a tipsy bird?! Directed by Sam Leifer and J. Van Tulleken and voice of Monty Python's Terry Jones.
* OOLA OOP L'EAU DE OHH!: An afternoon at the pool turns into an opportunity for romance when the French coquette Natalie spots a hot male lifeguard. Natalie hatches a plan to get her man. Multi-award winning short directed by Carolle-Shelley Abrams.
Shorts Intl holds the world's largest and most diverse film catalogue devoted to short films that include titles from the American Film Institute, the British Film Institute and the former Hypnotic catalogue. More than half of the catalogue's individual films have been nominated for or received international film awards, including Cannes, Edinburgh, Clermont Ferrand and Sundance film festivals.
The company is headquartered in London, England, with additional offices in New York and Los Angeles and led by Carter Pilcher, ceo/president. Further information can be found at www.shortsinternational.com and www.shortstelevision.com.