Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights DVD Animates Chanukah
Created 11/04/2003 - 00:00
Adam Sandler's first animated foray, EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS, comes to DVD (Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, $26.95) Nov. 4, 2003, with lots of Sandler bonuses underlying the somewhat autobiographical holiday riff.
Originally written for SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, Sandler's new version of his beloved and nearly classic Chanukah song, specially written for the movie and coupled with his talent to voice multiple characters, makes for a kosher comedy this season.
EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS also features voices from Jon Lovitz and Rob Schneider. When extremely disgruntled small-town guy Davey Stone (voiced by Sandler) faces another holiday season in his New England hometown, he does what he always has -- he screws up big and lands in jail. Davey's old basketball referee, Whitey, bails him out with the bright idea of putting Davey to work doing community service. But Davey turns his sentence into a daily disaster for Whitey and the whole town! After a few surprises -- including the mysterious reason for Davey's bad attitude and the reappearance of a childhood sweetheart -- Davey might find a reason or two to change his ways.
Bonus Features include:
* "A Day with the Meatball," (Adam Sandler's dog) short film
* 13 Deleted Scenes including: "At the Mall," "Extended First Basketball Game," "Davey Bumper Hopping" and "Exploding Monkey"
* 10 Featurettes, including: Character profiles of "Davey," "Eleanore," "Jennifer & Benjamin" and "The Deer"
* "Chanukah Song Part 3" Music Video
* HBO First Look Special
* "Cast" Commentary -- Adam Sandler plays the characters Whitey and Eleanore as if they are watching the film
* Director, Art Director, Effects Animator and Producer Commentary
* Animation Progression