Avatar: Book 2: Earth Vol. 1 Now on DVD
Created 01/23/2007 - 01:00
files/pictures/picture-35.jpgAVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER - BOOK 2: EARTH - VOLUME 1 ($16.99) debuts on DVD Jan. 23, 2007. Created by Nickelodeon Home Ent. and distributed by Paramount Home Ent., the DVD features five episodes, along with an original uncut animatic of the season's premiere episode, "The Avatar State."
The epic story of AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER follows the journey of Aang, a 12-year-old boy torn between fulfilling his fate as the long-awaited Avatar and just wanting to be a regular kid. Aang is called upon to lead the fight against the vicious Fire Nation to restore balance in his war-torn world. Aided by a protective teenage Waterbender named Katar and her bull-headed warrior brother Sokka, Aang proceeds on a perilous journey to save the world while sometimes shaking off his heavy responsibilities so that he can enjoy being a kid.
Now a master Waterbender, Aang leaves the Northern Water Tribe to continue his quest to master the next element, Earth. Along with Katara and Sokka, they visit new Earth Nation cities, encounter a slew of different Earth Kingdom citizens, and even reunite with a crazy old king.
* "Chapter 1: The Avatar State" -- Aang and his friends meet General Fong, an aggressive military man who wants to use Aang's powerful "Avatar State" as a weapon to defeat the Fire Nation.
* "Chapter 2: The Cave of Two Lovers" -- The kids meet a group of hippie-like nomads who show them a shortcut through the "Cave of Two Lovers." But when they get lost in the cave, they have to trust in love in order to make it out alive.
* "Chapter 3: Return to Omashu" -- The group returns to Omashu in search of King Bumi and finds the Fire Nation has completely taken over the city.
* "Chapter 4: The Swamp" -- The group ends up in a mysterious and strange swamp, and they each see different visions before them.
* "Chapter 5: Avatar Day" -- Aang and the gang discover an Earth town that celebrates "Avatar Day"-- a festival of anti-Avatar sentiment caused by something Aang did in his past. Will Aang be able to clear the Avatar's good name?
Special features include:
* Original Uncut Animatic
* Full Screen Format
* Dolby Digital: English Stereo, French Stereo, and Spanish Stereo