STOCKHOLM -- Technology developer ftrack AB has announced the release of the latest version of its asset management tool, ftrack 2.0. The new release includes an entirely updated user interface, new planning and review tools, workflow updates and more.
ftrack allows users to easily track their production or project, manage assets, review shots, schedule workloads and assigned tasks and collaborate together in one easy-to-access portal.
Originally developed as an in-house production tracking tool at Fido Film in 2008, commercial development of the product began in 2011 and it’s already being used by a number of high-profile facilities including Cinesite, Filmmore and Compagnie Generale Des Effets Visuels.
“We've been a user of ftrack from early on and this version is a huge leap forward,” comments Hans Van Helden, Managing Director at Filmmore. “I love the functionality it provides and everyone at our company finds it incredibly easy to use. ftrack has enabled us to easily manage multiple projects spread across our facilities locations and work effectively with remote artists.”
The workflows in ftrack 2.0 allow users to navigate the platform and get to where they want in as few clicks as possible. Every page, toolbar and menu has been cleaned up and improved, all contributing to the user experience. New additions include:
- An improved unified inboxthat’s always visible in the top menu bar, helping users stay on top of notificationsas they arrive in their inbox.
- A bespoke artists pagethat provides an overview of all projects and allows artists to claim tasksfrom the available queue.
- A notification enginethat pushes updates to any browser or application and even allows native desktopnotifications on an individual’s computer.
- A redesigned notes managementsystem that allows users to drag and drop attachments, delete, edit or starimportant notes with ease.
- An improved team plannerthat incorporates drag and drop task boards.
- Users can assign tasksto artists with different skillsets and easily locate an artist with availablebandwidth.
- Planning tools that giveusers the ability to block out projects and assign artists to phases insteadof individual tasks.
- Task templates that letusers create templates and apply them to individual projects, episodes, sequencesand shots.
In addition, asset builds are now a separate entity in ftrack 2.0 and functionality has been added to let users link these to the shots. This automatically gives users access to versions from linked asset builds when working with shots.
“ftrack has been a passion of everyone involved for a number of years now and we are thrilled to have taken the platform to this advanced level in version 2.0,” comments ftrack CEO Fredrik Limsäter. “This is really a coming of age for the offering. The toolsets and interfaces now make it an ideal solution for people working on demanding, quick turnaround projects like commercials. But that’s not all it can do. We think of it as partner for any complex visual project. Any situation that needs a visual tracking and project management system will benefit from ftrack out-of-the-box and that’s the beauty of it.”
Review functionality has been added with the release of ftrack review which allows customers to take advantage of tight integration with a number of industry standard review applications including The Foundry’s HIERO and HIEROPLAYER as well as Tweak Software's RV.
The wider ftrack application also benefits from integration with The Foundry’s NUKE and Autodesk Maya. The cloud service ftrackreview.com, which will allow cloud users to simply load up sequences and review in a browser, will be available later this year.
Source: ftrack AB