Hudson, MA -- Facilis Technology announced the debut of TerraBlock 6.0, the newest version of its production-proven shared storage solution, in Stand 7.D05 at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2013 from September 13-17 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Touting a sleek new exterior and redesigned software interface, TerraBlock 6.0 features several enhancements developed to advance usability, performance and collaboration, and to simplify user management.
TerraBlock is Facilis' multi-platform, high-capacity shared storage solution that supports 8Gbps and 16Gbps Fibre Channel and 1Gbps and 10Gbps Ethernet through the Facilis Shared File System. Augmenting collaborative workflows with support for industry-standard editing, color correction and media asset management applications, the system provides flexible, high-speed, scalable technology with a lower cost of ownership. Key highlights of TerraBlock 6.0 will include:
- Client Interface Redesign: A new, more functional design improves usability - allowing administrators to limit information available to normal users.
- Active Directory/LDAP Integration: Synchronize user groups with an Active Directory or LDAP server. Leverage group access to manage permissions and user accounts.
- Support for New Third-Party Workflow Solutions: TerraBlock now supports integration with new third-party workflow solutions - empowering virtual teams using professional video tools to collaborate more efficiently on video productions stored on TerraBlock servers.
- SyncBlock 2.0: With advanced archive management and integral tiered storage automation as well as LTO 6 support, SyncBlock provides small and large facilities with data resiliency and security.
- Improved Apple Final Cut Pro X Support: Multi-user Write volumes are qualified as SAN locations for Projects and Events within Final Cut Pro X.
"TerraBlock 6.0 is a testament to our ongoing commitment to advance TerraBlock for creative shops of all sizes," said Shane Rodbourn, Facilis SVP/General Manager. "Taking customer feedback into account, we were able to design an attractive and intuitive new exterior and UI for 6.0 that further simplifies shared storage. Facilis customers will now be able to devote even more time to what they love - the creative aspects of post production and content creation."
TerraBlock 6.0 is expected to be available in the fall and will be free of charge for customers holding a current support contract.
Source: Facilis Technology