files/pictures/picture-35.jpgTelefilm Canada will sponsor the International Tête-à-Tête at the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF), a series of one-on-one meetings designed to foster co-production activity and international sales. In association with the festivals Trade Forum, this initiative offers the occasion for Canadian industry players to discuss projects face to face with international producers, distributors and sales agents during private half-hour meetings.
The International Tête-à-Têtes have become a high point of the Trade Forum for producers working in the international marketplace, said Earl Hong Tai, Telefilm Canadas director for the Western Region. This year we look forward to building on the momentum created in 2003, where we saw clients traveling to Vancouver from the other Western provinces to attend this event because of the doors that it opens and the calibre of the international guests.
Confirmed guests for this years edition include:
* Frank Hubner, producer, Absolut Film (Germany)
* Arthur Lappin, managing director, Hell's Kitchen (Ireland)
* Hamish McAlpine, chairman, Tartan Films (United Kingdom)
* Pierre Menahem, president/owner, SCALPEL (France)
* Christoph Ott, distribution/marketing service, Kino Film Verleihservice (Germany)
* Maurice Paleau, vp, creative development, Discovery Networks International (U.S.)
* Don Reynolds, ceo, Silverscreen Films (New Zealand)
* Chris Roland, ceo, The Imaginarium (South Africa)
* Hans-Stefan Heyne, head of international acquisitions and co-productions, Studio Hamburg FA (Germany)
For details contact: email@example.com
or visit the Trade Forums Website at www.TradeForum@viff.org
Telefilm Canada is a federal cultural agency dedicated to the development and promotion of the Canadian film, television, new media and music industries. With the objective of building larger audiences for Canadian cultural products, the Corporation acts as a partner to the private sector through investments in diverse productions with wide appeal.