files/pictures/picture-35.jpgWIA Los Angeles has announced the panel for its How to Get a Job in CG and What Do you Need to Know? event, taking place Thursday, May 25, 2006, at Klasky/Csupo/LA Film.
* What is the one piece of advice you would give someone applying to your company?
* Do I need to know some computer animation software before I come to you or will you train a traditional 2D animator with only classical training?
* If I need to know 3D software, which packages should I learn?
* What do you look for in a demo reel?
* How long should it be?
* How should I present or package my work? What format? Do you look at websites?
* What do I need to include with my reel?
Panel will include:
* Moderator: Pamela Kleibrink Thompson, recruiter/Career Coach, Ideas to Go
* Geoffrey Kater, co-owner S4 Studios Llc. and author of DESIGN FIRST FOR 3D ARTISTS
* Jenny Fulle, evp of production/exec producer, Sony Pictures Imageworks
* Sande Scoredos, exec director, technical training and artist development, Sony Pictures Imageworks
* Sherie Pollack, director of Disney's MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE, Disney Toon Studios
* Valerie Lettera-Spletzer, final layout technical director at DreamWorks Feature Animation
* Brent Young, co-founder/creative director, Super 78
* Deanne Koehn, recruiter, DreamWorks
Klasky/Csupo/ LA Film School is located at 6353 Sunset in Hollywood. Parking is off Ivar. RSVP is required to email@example.com
. Networking begins at 6:30 pm followed by the meeting at 7:00 pm.