files/pictures/picture-35.jpgThe Learning Annex is hosting a panel discussion about pitching your ideas to the studios. Topics will include: the state of the animation industry today; where the jobs are - in movies, TV, direct-to-video; hand-drawn animation vs. CGI; and development: how to go from concept to cartoon. Following the discussion will be a Q&A session.
Confirmed panelists to date include:
* Jeff Howard (moderator): director of creative affairs, DisneyToon Studios.
* Saul Blinkoff and Elliot Bour: directors, DisneyToon Studios.
* Karen Foster: development exec, DreamWorks Animation.
* Heather Kenyon: director of development for original animation, Cartoon Network.
* Tom Sito: animator and storyboard artist, past-president Hollywood animators union and animation instructor, USC and UCLA.
* Robert Souza: story artist.
* Roger S.H. Schulman: screenwriter/producer.
* Bayard Maybank: literary agent, Hohman Maybank Lieb
The event will take place from 6:45 pm to 9:30 pm on Oct. 27, 2004. The Learning Annex is located at 11850 Wilshire Boulevard, #100, Los Angeles, California 90025.
To enroll go to www.learningannex,com
and go to the Los Angeles classes. Enter coupon code ANIMAT and get a $10 discount on the $49.99 enrollment fee. Otherwise call (310) 478-6677 and mention the coupon code.