New York, NY -- COLLIDER, the new Manhattan-based digital production event for the visual effects, animation, and interactive industries, launches June 9th at the Hotel Pennsylvania with a full day of eight high-powered Master Classes.
Designed to boost students’ creative and technical advantage with in-depth techniques and real-world secrets direct from top industry veterans, the 90-minute classes cover a carefully curated range of crucial production topics:
- Ken Huling, Blue SkyStudios (Epic, Ice Age: ContinentalDrift): “Pushing Your Animation Skills to the Next Level: Efficiencyis the Key.”
- Kevin Romond, Weta Digital (TheHobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3): “Volumetric Fluid FXin Feature Films and Beyond.”
- Todd Akita, Psyop:“Working Smarter Not Harder in Digital Production.”
- Robert Nederhorst,Svengali FX (After Earth, Captain America, Thor): “Faster ProblemSolving with Visual Effects.”
- Dave Glanz, BroadcastDesigner/Director (Sharkweek, StormBusters): “Integrating 3D Dynamics into a Motion Graphics Workflow.”
- Adam Holmes, PrevisSupervisor (Alice in Wonderland,Superman Returns): “The Art and Vis-ness of Pre-visualization.”
- Stephen Mann, CHRLX|3D (X-Men, Robots): “Fast and Flexible3D Rigging Techniques.”
- Borislav Petrov,Thinkbox Software: “Putting the Power of Top VFX Movies in Your Pipeline.”
For a full rundown of the COLLIDER master class schedule and to sign up, check out: http://colliderevents.com/portfolio/master-classes.
COLLIDER – named for the continuing convergence of digital media genres and forms – is presented and produced by Stash Media. COLLIDER will run from June 9 - 11 at New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania.
Source: Stash Media