Humunculus, launched only nine months ago in Venice, California, has already expanded into a new, 2,000-square-foot facility. The new studio, located at 529 Victoria Avenue, was designed by Predock Frane architects of Santa Monica, and modified by studio founder Saam Gabbay for Humunculus. "Using the architects' original materials of Lexan, MDF and sanded homosote, we created four subdivisions in the space to fulfill our distinct needs," Gabbay explained.
Gabbay designed the furniture for the office, consulting with Elizabeth Burhop who, in addition to her commercial art department/set decorating projects (www.artdept.tv
), has also started doing interiors (www.elizabethburhop.com
The studio also functions as a gallery and storefront, currently displaying the work of photographer Mark Lipson (www.marklipsonphotography.com
) who shot the Apple Switch campaign, and works by painter Kerry Horvath.
Projects for Humunculus team over the past nine months include the following highlights:
- Film titles and sound for the Los Angeles Film Festival.
- RUGRATS GO WILD package of spots for Nickelodeon.
- RUGRATS SURVIVOR ISLAND two-spot package for Nickelodeon.
- Two films cut by Humunculus senior editor Arash Ayrom were official selections of the 2003 IFP Los Angeles Film Festival, and one of them (THE VEST, a short directed by Paul Gutrecht) won the Audience Award for Best Short.
- Projection visuals for the 75-act, five-stage Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
- Projection visuals for GenArt and Acura's Fashion Week Closing Show at the Shrine Auditorium.
- A set of photographs/shares for Swiss artist collective ETOY displayed at the Armory.
- Graphics and animation for Saatchi & Saatchi's Iams national broadcast campaign.
- Design and animation for Infiniti M45 national spots, Detroit Auto Show graphics and the NYC subway campaign for TBWAChiatDay Los Angeles.
Humunculus provides audiovisual content for television networks, ad agencies, entertainment companies and major corporations. For more information, visit www.Humunculus.com
or call 310-822-8668.