files/pictures/picture-35.jpgJuries for the 47th international Clio Awards announced Grand Clio winners for best-in-show. On May 15, 2006, juries awarded a total of 29 Gold Clio winners for the evening at the Clio Content & Contact, Print, Internet, Design, Innovative and Integrated Media Awards Gala at the Jackie Gleason Theater in South Beach, Miami, part of the annual Clio Festival, May 13-16, 2006. Clios in the Television/Cinema and Radio categories were announced May 16.
The Clio judging process makes it possible for there to be more than one Gold, Silver or Bronze winner or in some cases, no winner at all within individual categories. With just under 19,000 submissions received from around the world, only about one percent of all entries qualify to receive a Gold Clio. If judges determine a Gold winner is best-of-the-best in the category, they have the opportunity to bestow an even higher honor: the Grand Clio.
For the unprecedented third year in a row, groundbreaking work from Wieden+Kennedy London on behalf of Honda has been selected as the best-in-show Grand Clio winner in the Television category, this year for the imaginative and widely praised campaign featuring the two-minute epic Impossible Dream, Dreams and Choir.
In addition, for the second year in a row Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, was named Clio Agency of the Year and TBWAWorldwide collected the Clio Agency Network of the Year honors. Those awards are determined by the agency office and network that score the most Clio statue points in a given year. DDB Worldwide Chicago made the best showing in the Radio category, picking up four Gold Clios.
Wieden+Kennedy, London and TAXI, Toronto, Canada, led the way in the TV/Cinema category with three Gold Clios each; Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, London, U.K. and Creative JuiceG1 in Bangkok, Thailand each won a pair of TV Gold Clios. The TV/Cinema jury, led by executive jury chair Tony Davidson, executive creative director, Wieden+Kennedy, London, awarded a total of 17 Gold, 28 Silver and 47 Bronze Clios in the category.
The complete list of TV/Cinema Gold Clio winners is as follows:
* Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, London, UK, TV/Beverages Alcoholic, noitulovE for Guinness
* Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, London, UK, TV/Direction, noitulovE for Guinness
* Arnold Worldwide, Boston, MA, USA, TV/Campaign, Fat Boys/Decal Conscious/Urban Hipster :60/Gumballs :60 for American Legacy Foundation Fair Enough
* Creative JuiceG1, Bangkok, Thailand, TV/Campaign, Tyre/Twister/Robbery for Bangkok Insurance
* Creative JuiceG1, Bangkok, Thailand, TV/Insurance, Twister for Bangkok Insurance
* Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, FL, USA, TV/Campaign, Fat Boys/Decal Conscious/Urban Hipster :60/Gumballs :60 for American Legacy Foundation Fair Enough
* Del Campo Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi, Martinez, Argentina, TV/Music-adaptation, Lullaby for Pampers
* Gorgeous Enterprises, London, UK, TV/Cinematography, Office for Mercedes
* MJZ, London, UK, TV/Music-adaptation, Balls for Sony BRAVIA
* Partizan Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA, USA, TV/Automotive, Choir for Honda
* TAXI, Toronto, Canada, TV/Campaign, Office/Golf/Coach for Pfizer Canada Viagra
* TAXI, Toronto, Canada, TV/Toiletries-Pharmaceuticals, Golf for Pfizer Canada Viagra
* TAXI, Toronto, Canada, TV/Toiletries-Pharmaceuticals, Office for Pfizer Canada Viagra
* TBWAParis, France, TV/Public Service, Cameraphone for Department of Transport Teenage Road Safety
* The Mill, London, UK, TV/Animation, PSP A Day in the Life for Sony PSP
* Wieden+Kennedy, London, UK, TV/Automotive, Choir for Honda
* Wieden+Kennedy, London, TV/Campaign, Dreams/Impossible Dream/Choir for Honda
Three Gold Clios were awarded in the Internet category. The winners were Forsman & Bodenfors, Goteborg, Sweden, in the Artistic Technique category on behalf of client IKEA Sweden; DDB Brazil in Sao Paolo in the Banner Ads category for Companhia Athletica; and Leo Burnett Toronto, Canada, for Brand Building on behalf of Leo Burnett Canada.
The Internet jury, headed by executive jury chair Rei Inamoto, global creative director, AKQA, San Francisco, CA, USA, did not present a Grand Clio for the category. A total of three Gold, six Silver and 13 Bronze Internet Clios were given.
Daddy buy me a pony a 9November company, based in Cape Town, South Africa, was awarded with a Grand Clio for Editorial Design for its work on AFRO II MAGAZINE. It was also the only Gold Clio winner for Design.
The Design jury, lead by exec chair Brian Collins, senior partner/exec creative director, Brand Integration Group, Ogilvy & Mather, New York and Los Angeles, USA, presented a total of one Grand, one Gold, 15 Silver and 27 Bronze Clios in the category.
Miamis Crispin Porter + Bogusky garnered a Grand Clio in Integrated Media for the MOTORmate campaign for MINI, and scored three Gold Clios in all for the category.
The complete list of Gold Clio winners in the Integrated Media category is as follows:
* Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, FL, USA, Integrated Campaign, MOTORmate for MINI
* Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, FL, USA, Integrated Campaign, Counterfeit for MINI
* Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, FL, USA, Integrated Campaign, Great Taste Trial for Miller Lite
* Leo Burnett USA, Chicago, IL, USA, Integrated Campaign, Altoidia for Altoids Sours
The Integrated Media jury, led by exec chair John Merrifield, chief creative officer, TBWATokyo, presented a total of one Grand, four Gold, three Silver and three Bronze Clios were awarded in the category.
The Innovative Media Grand Clio went to TBWAWhybin, Auckland, New Zealand, in the Recreational Items category for Be The Ball, on behalf of client Adidas FIFA World Cup. It was also the only Gold Clio winner in the category.
The Innovative Media jury, also led by John Merrifield, presented a total of one Grand, one Gold, one Silver and seven Bronze Clios in the category.
A complete list of Gold, Silver and Bronze Clio winners in the Contact & Content, Print/Poster, Internet, Design, Innovative and Integrated Media categories can be found at www.clioawards,com
The Clio Awards (www.clioawards.com
) are the worlds most recognized international advertising awards competition. Founded in 1959 to celebrate creative excellence and innovation in advertising, the Clios focus on creative work in the fields of advertising and design, specifically in the areas of TV, Print, Outdoor, Radio, Content & Contact, Integrated Campaign, Innovative Media, Internet, Design and student work. The Clios also serve the global design and advertising communities through its annual conference, festival, publication, newsletter and screenings of winning work.