files/pictures/picture-35.jpgPress Release from Full Sail University
WINTER PARK, FL, August 16, 2011 – Full Sail University (www.fullsail.edu
) is proud to announce the 2011 Hall of Fame induction class comprised of six Full Sail graduates. Plans to celebrate the latest additions to the Full Sail University Hall of Fame will be held during an induction ceremony this November.
The Full Sail University Hall of Fame, which held its inaugural induction ceremony in 2009, recognizes those graduates who have made outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment, media, and the arts. This honor serves as a tribute to the creative inspiration, technical brilliance, and determination of each inductee, their unyielding dedication to more than a decade of excellence in their professional career, and their heartfelt commitment to the students, faculty, staff, and graduates of Full Sail University.
The 2011 Full Sail University Hall of Fame inductees are:
Darren Lynn Bousman
* Current Title: Director/Writer
* Industry Credits Include: Director/Writer of more than 14 film and television projects, including: 11-11-11, Mother’s Day, Repo! The Genetic Opera, and Director of three number one box office films from the acclaimed horror series Saw: Saw II, Saw III, and Saw IV.
* 2000 Graduate (Film)
* Current Title: Senior Rigger at Framestore
* Industry Credits Include: Worked on a wide variety of films, including: Captain America: The First Avenger, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt. 1, Clash of the Titans, Where the Wild Things Are, The Tale of Despereaux, Valiant, and more.
* 2011 Visual Effects Society Award Winner: Outstanding Animated Character in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt 1 Character – Dobby
* 2000 Graduate (Computer Animation)
* Current Title: Owner and Visual Effects Artist at Skulley FX
* Industry Credits Include: Created visual effects for films including: Spider-Man Reboot (2012), Water for Elephants, Spider-Man 2, The Aviator, The Grinch, Minority Report, and Donnie Darko, music videos for artists such as: Lady Gaga, Timbaland, Mariah Carey, The Black Eyed Peas, Common, Nelly, among many others, and commercials for Sketchers, Microsoft’s Xbox 360, Georgia Aquarium, Jeep, Panasonic, Hess, Toyota, AAMCO, and Coors Light.
* His work on Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance video was nominated for a 2010 MTV Video Music Award for Best Special Effects.
* Video Co-Director for Stone Sour Hesitate and Meital Dohan Get To The Point
* 1998 Graduate (Digital Media)
* Current Title: Design Director at Volition, Inc.
* Industry Credits Include: Worked on game titles Red Faction: Armageddon, The Godfather II, The Simpsons Game, The Godfather: The Game, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, and more.
* Design Excellence Award 2009 – Volition, Inc.
* 2001 Graduate (Game Development)
* Current Title: Sound Designer
* Industry Credits Include: Sound Designer for 19 years with work appearing primarily in films and video games. Worked on the Oscar®-winning films The Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong.
* His work as a sound designer on The Lord of the Rings trilogy was also nominated in the Best Sound category of the BAFTA awards in 2002, 2003, and 2004.
* Won the Best Sound Editing Golden Reel award from the Motion Picture Sound Editors (MPSE) in 2005 for his work on video games GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and 2008 for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
* 1992 Graduate (Recording Arts)
* Current Title: Audio Engineer
* Industry Credits Include: Audio Engineer for 16 years on projects for Madonna, William Orbit, Pink, Limp Bizkit, Blur, and more than 20 other artists.
* Worked as a personal Monitor Engineer for Madonna during her last three tours – the “Sticky & Sweet” world tour in 2008-2009, the “Confessions” world tour in 2006, and the “Re-Invention” world tour in 2004.
* Music Composer for brands that include Walmart, Google Japan, Expedia.com, and Nemours Children’s Hospital.
* 1995 Graduate (Recording Arts)
Full Sail University President Garry Jones stated “Each year, our hearts are filled with joy as we join together to honor and celebrate those members of our alumni who have paved the way for excellence in their chosen industry. We are delighted to announce the Hall of Fame committee’s latest induction class and we look forward to the numerous events that we will share with our students and the community during the ceremony week in November.”
Additional information, special guests, and a complete schedule for the Hall of Fame celebration week will be announced at a later date.
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers Master, Bachelor, and Associate campus and online degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.