SAN FRANCISCO, CA --
Hot off two “Best in Show” awards at last month’s NAB Show, Autodesk has announced that its Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1 professional video editing software is expected to be available beginning May 29, 2013. As part of the product roadmap and influenced by extensive feedback from editors, the release will feature numerous enhancements to help improve functionality, add flexibility and increase speed.
At NAB, Autodesk and Blackmagic Design announced a technology collaboration, and now just weeks later, the first outcome of the collaboration is available to customers. The Smoke 2013 Extension 1 release will introduce support for Blackmagic video IO devices: DeckLink (PCIe video boards); UltraStudio (Thunderbolt boxes) and the Intensity product line.
“Since launching Smoke 2013 in December, the Smoke development team has been forging full steam ahead with rapid and frequent iterations bringing new and improved functionality into the software,” said Chris Bradshaw, senior vice president, Autodesk Media & Entertainment. “Community feedback has been tremendous, and with this Extension release, Smoke will now include two highly requested features – Blackmagic video card support and a powerful new set of trim tools.”
- New support forBlackmagic DeckLink, UltraStudio and Intensity series video IO devices
- New Trim View andnew dynamic trimming tools for faster editing
- New support for SonyRAWfootage from Sony F5 and F55 cameras
- Improved conformworkflow with Apple Final Cut Pro X allows more accurate translation ofspeed changes and ability to conform ARRI Alexa ProRes files
- Improved feedbackmechanisms help editors better track background processes, monitor rendersand identify errors
- Improvedperformance in MediaHub when navigating large data sets
- Improved 3Dcompositing performance in Action when working with 3D objects, shadersand textures
Autodesk Smoke 2013 Extension 1 will be available to Autodesk Subscription customers later this month. New customers can purchase a standalone Smoke license for $3,495 with an additional $675 for Subscription. Join the tens of thousands of trial users by downloading the free Smoke 30-day trial. For product features and video tutorials, see the Smoke product center, join the Smoke community, visit the Smoke Learning Channel, follow #AutodeskSmoke on Twitter and like Smoke on Facebook.