Blue Sky plans aggressive slate of SIGGRAPH activities
Created 08/11/1999 - 23:00
files/pictures/picture-23.jpgKey Blue Sky staff are taking part in a number of events throughout the conference:
- "Bunny" the Oscar Award Winning short film from Blue Sky
Studios will close each showing of this year's SIGGRAPH '99
Electronic Theater at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
The conference and exhibition is being held from August
8-13th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Chris Wedge will be speaking at the Wiltern Theatre in Los
Angeles on Monday, August 9th at Noon as part of the
Softimage SIGGRAPH user group meeting.
- Dave Walvoord, Digital Effects Supervisor for "Bunny,"
will participate in a panel called "Get Real! Global
Illumination for Film, Broadcast, and Game Production" on
Thursday, August 12th at 2:15 p.m.
- Doug Dooley, a lead animator for "Bunny," will be speaking
about the animation of the film at the Wilshire Hotel in Los
Angeles, on Wednesday, August 11th at 1:30 p.m.
- Mark Piretti, Technical Animator, will give a
demonstration of his work with facial animation using Maya
software at the Res Magazine booth Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 2
- John Turner, Senior Research Associate, will present a
Technical Sketch titled "Multifluid Finite Volume
Navier-Stokes Solutions for Realistic Fluid Animation"
during the 'Simulation for Animation' session on Friday,
August 13. Programmer Andre Mazzone co-authored the paper.
For more information contact Brooks Jewell via phone: 914 381-8400