The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences has announced the AcademyAward/Oscar nominees for films made in 1998. The nominees in the BestAnimated Short Film category are:
- Bunny, a Blue Sky Studios production written and directed by Chris Wedge.
- Jolly Roger, an Astley Baker production directed by Mark Baker.
- More, a film made by Flemington Pictures, Bad Clams Productions and SwellProductions in 70mm/15 perf written and directed by Mark Osborne.
- The Canterbury Tales, an S4C production written and executive directed byJonathan Myerson.
- When Life Departs, an A Films Aps production directed by KarstenKillerich and Stefan Fjeldmark.
This year, again, AWN is the only place in the world where you can go tosee clips of all the animation nominees. Each nominee is featured with a20-30 second Quicktime clip, a brief summary of the film, pictures and thedirector's thoughts. Plus, you can vote for which one you think will be thebig winner on awards night. We will announce our winner the day of theOscars and see if the knowledgeable readership of AWN is right on target.Last year we were - an overwhelming number of AWN visitors chose theultimately victorious "Geri's Game." See the creme de la creme and thenexpress yourself and cast a vote!
Click here to visit AWN's 1999 Oscar Site!!! at http://www.awn.com/oscars