Twelve films have been shortlisted to compete for nominations in the Best Animated Feature category for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Golden Globe Awards, according to a report by Variety.
The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be held on January 13, 2013; just three days after Academy Award nominations are announced. The HFPA can choose up to five films for the final nominee list, which will be announced a month earlier, on December 13. (The HFPA upped the maximum number of nominations for this category from three to five in 2009.) To be eligible for a Golden Globe, films must be released and screened for at least seven days in Los Angeles during the year prior to the award ceremony.
Here, in alphabetical order, are the 12 titles up for nominations:
- Brave (Disney/Pixar)
- Frankenweenie (Disney)
- From Up on Poppy Hill (GKIDS)
- Hotel Transylvania (Sony Animation)
- Ice Age: Continental Drift (Fox/Blue Sky)
- The Lorax (Universal, Illumination)
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (DreamWorks/Paramount)
- ParaNorman (LAIKA, Focus)
- The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Sony/Aardman)
- Rise of the Guardians (DreamWorks/Paramount)
- The Secret World of Arrietty (Disney/Studio Ghibli)
- Wreck-it Ralph (Disney)