Not surprisingly, the number of virtual life sites continues to grow. For anime fans, TinierMe is apparently catering to your otaku desires. So, here is another means of escape and virtual rebirth. And if you like Black Butler, even better.
Sell Your Soul to Black Butler on TinierMe
Online Virtual World Launches Campaign With Popular Anime Series
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - October 26, 2010) -
• TinierMe, the virtual world focused on Japanese anime, today announced that, in cooperation with FUNimation Entertainment, it is launching a limited promotional campaign featuring the popular anime series, Black Butler and Black Butler II.
• Through this collaboration, TinierMe users who love the Black Butler and Black Butler II anime series can meet other fans and purchase authentic Black Butler and Black Butler II items for their avatars.
• This international partnership will further promote the growth of Japanese anime culture in North America and around the world.
About the Campaign
• TinierMe users can purchase limited edition Black Butler and Black Butler II items for their personal avatars including clothing, facial expressions, hair styles and more.
• Fans of Black Butler can interact with one another and receive exclusive TinierMe updates about Black Butler and Black Butler II.
About Black Butler and Black Butler II
• The Black Butler series follows Sebastian Michaelis, a demonic butler who is bound by a supernatural contract to serve Ciel Phantomhive, the 12-year-old head of the Phantomhive noble family.
• In return, Sebastian will obtain Ciel's soul when Ciel has finished all of his tasks, including getting revenge on the people who killed his parents.
• Black Butler II has been running since July 2010 in Japan, and introduces a rich cast including another child with a similar demon butler.
• Black Butler was one of the top 10 selling manga series in Japan during 2009 and both released volumes debuted at number one on the New York Times' manga bestseller list.
• In addition to being a popular manga and anime series, Black Butler has two musical adaptations created and performed in Japan and a Japanese Nintendo DS Game developed by Square Enix.
Attributable to Masaru Ohnogi, CEO, TinierMe: "TinierMe users can now become their favorite characters through our collaborations with Hatsune Miku and now Black Butler. We plan to bring more authentic anime content direct from Japan to hold our position as the place for all things anime, cosplay and manga."
Attributable to Adam Zehner, director of acquisitions and licensing at FUNimation Entertainment: "Collaborating with TinierMe fits FUNimation's plans to move aggressively into the digital space and ensure we go wherever our fans are. Given that Black Butler has a rich world of fashion within and that our fans love to create costumes based on characters from the series, Tinier Me is a natural partner since they offer a premier fashion experience to their users online. We can't wait to see how the costumes translate to our fans' avatars."
About TinierMe: TinierMe is a fun virtual world based on Japanese anime and culture. With users around the world, the site lets you build a tinier version of yourself so you can chat, play and create online. TinierMe includes: Selfy Town, a virtual world; Selfy Shop, where you can get everything you need to create and build your character; and Tinier Games, a place to play card games, interactive challenges and brain teasers with other users. TinierMe lets you experience Japanese culture easily and escape from the doldrums of the real world through your imagination and creativity. GCREST America, Inc. is the company behind TinierMe, and is a fully owned subsidiary of GCREST, Inc. in Japan. To create your own Selfy and join the fun, come to www.tinierme.com .
About FUNimation Entertainment FUNimation® Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, is the leading company for home video sales of Japanese animation in the United States. FUNimation has a proven formula for launching and advancing brands, and manages a full spectrum of rights for most of its brands including broadcasting, licensing, production, internet, and home video sales and distribution. For more information about FUNimation Entertainment and its brands, visit www.funimation.com .