About Animation World Network – AWN.com
The Animation World Network is the largest animation-related publishing group on the Internet, providing readers from over 151 countries with a wide range of interesting, relevant and helpful information pertaining to all aspects of animation. Covering areas as diverse as animator profiles, independent film distribution, commercial studio activities, licensing, CGI and other animation technologies, as well as in-depth coverage of current events in all fields of animation, AWN gives its readers an easy to navigate, visually and intellectually creative mechanism to electronically access a wealth of information previously unavailable anywhere in the world.
Who has the time to search all over the Internet to find the information you need in a timely fashion? Imagine a unifying environment designed to bring together all available information about the international world of animation, expertly linked, displayed and easily accessible to anyone?
AWN's comprehensive and targeted coverage of the international animation community has made it the leading source of animation industry news in the world. Hundreds of thousands of animation professionals, educators, broadcasters, students and enthusiasts stay in touch with AWN to get the facts, figures, features and in-depth coverage they can't get anywhere else. AWN's intuitive categorization allows readers to find the areas of animation they want easily and fast. The site is both the perfect place for the busy professional to catch up on the latest news and buzz, and the perfect place for those looking for in-depth coverage that they cannot find anywhere else.
Through the Animation World Network, people worldwide have a single source for a vast array of information pertaining to all facets of the animation industry. From studios to independent animators, from broadcasters to cartoon enthusiasts, from hardware manufacturers to consumers, the Animation World Network has something for everybody.
What's on AWN?
Just some of the exciting and informative content you'll find on AWN:
- AWNtv — AWN's innovative media portal brings animated shorts, commercials, trailers and clips right to your computer. AWNtv is filled with hundreds of easily searchable animated and visual effects short films, trailers and clips, broken into an array of categories and playlists. With new content being programmed every week, AWNtv will certainly fulfill your need for animation. Ranging from top independent shorts to classic webisodes and behind-the-scenes videos, AWNtv's extensive categorization will guide you right to high-quality video to suit any mood. Branded channels showcase productions from Icebox and fxguide, along with the short films and commercials featured in Stash DVD Magazine. Moreover, weekly playlists bring content together in fun ways, highlighting the best videos AWNtv has to offer.
- AnimationWorld Magazine — the first and only electronic publication dedicated to the art, craft and industry of the international animation community. On average, AWN publishes 2-5 new articles a week giving an in-depth look into the vast arenas of the animation community.
- VFXWorld Magazine — AWN's publication dedicated to the diverse fields of visual effects, 3D animation and computer graphics. VFXWorld provides targeted, in-depth perspective and insight into these dynamic industries through an entertaining and informative assembly of viewpoints, tutorials, and imagery.
- Animation Flash, AWN Spotlight, VFXNewswire and Spotlight on AWNtv Newsletters — AWN's subscription-based weekly e-mail newsletters keep people up-to-date on the latest animation industry news from around the world. The Animation Flash is the news and nothing, but the news. The AWN Spotlight and the VFXNewswire deliver news headlines, event and job listings, plus site and affiliate news in total to over 100,000 professionals and enthusiasts. Spotlight on AWNtv shines a light on the latest and greatest video content arriving on AWN's animation video portal.
- Career Connections — AWN's recruiting section offers a wealth of resources for both job seekers and employers / recruiters. A sophisticated personal profile and resume system allows job seekers to create different cover letters and send different sets of information to different perspective employers. Profiles are anonymous and no contact information is exchanged until a job seeker chooses to share. Employers and recruiters have access to various screening and searching features as well as special rates for job posting advertisements.
- Animation Industry Database (AIDB.com) — the ultimate resource for the professional animation community. Use the database and free downloadable directories to find animation, visual effects and related companies located throughout the world. Choose from more than 8,000 companies in more than 80 categories ranging from animation production to distribution, from advertising agencies to trade commissions. The AIDB functions as a buyer's guide, a way to find clients, get work and obtain the products and services you need.
- AnimationBlogspot (AnimationBlogSpot.com) — AWN's active blog community offers professionals and fans of animation and visual effects to create their own personalized web presence. Animation Blogspot provides users with the tools to broadcast their take on the industry or share their artistic vision with the world. Specifically geared toward the world of animation and visual effects, this easy-to-use blog community ranges from professional blogs to personal student profiles. Featured Blogs give readers a unique professional point of view, providing movie reviews, in-depth event coverage, tutorials and editorial commentary. Animation Blogspot is a perfect location to find provocative discussion, as well as artwork from emerging and established artists.
- AWN Forums — AWN's forums allow animation and visual effects professionals an opportunity to connect with other artists on a variety of topics whether they need help with a current project or want feedback on their latest work. This vibrant community brings pros and novices from around the globe together to network, share, teach and learn, allowing users a chance to exchange information about animation techniques, the industry, trends or just about anything else that is on their minds.
- AWN School Database — AWN's Animation School Database provides readers a fast, easy-to-use system for researching and finding information on more than 900 animation education programs in 42 different countries. You can search Schools by name, location, program types, degrees offered, and even do keyword searches through the entire database!
- Calendar of Event s — this database contains listings for animation and visual effects related events from around the globe.
- The AWN Store — available online for sale, an exclusive selection of videos, books, magazines, original animation art, limited editions and other merchandise.
- fxguide — This AWN affiliate website provides vfx and CG industry news, features, podcasts, software tips and tricks and online forums. It is a leading information source for high-end visual effects professionals. fxguide prides itself on its consistent delivery of original content, providing insight behind developments in the industry. fxguide produces the weekly fxguidetv podcast in HD, featuring the hottest news, tips and interviews from around the vfx community.
- XSI Base — This AWN affiliate website is the premier web destination for SOFTIMAGE|XSI users. Featuring in-depth articles, tutorials and discussion forums, XSI Base provides information to the user from professionals working in the field of CG animation and visual effects. Moreover, the site's job board helps XSI users put their skills to work in the ever-expanding industry.
- Learning-Maya.com - This AWN affiliate website provides a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to hone their Maya knowledge and skills.