Zu3D stop-motion animation software, developed to give children (and adults) of all ages the freedom to create amazing animated films quickly and easily, is now available for use on the iPad.
Zu3D stop-motion animation software, developed to give children (and adults) of all ages the freedom to create animated films quickly and easily, is now available for use on the iPad.
A powerful yet intuitive stop-motion animation and time-lapse app, Zu3D allows users to create complete animations by taking pictures, importing and recording sounds, then adding titles, credits and speech bubbles. Completed animations can then be exported to share with friends or uploaded directly to YouTube or Zu3D.com.
Martin Bailey, director of Animate 2 Educate, is thrilled about the release of Zu3D for the iPad: “Have been eagerly awaiting the release of the app version and am certainly not disappointed. Easy to use, but high quality results make it suitable for children (and adults) of all ages. Would highly recommend this app to anyone buying an iPad for Christmas. Hours of fun to be had as a family creating stunning animations. Can't wait to start using this app in schools in 2014!”
Zu3D App Features:
- Watch your film at any time with instant playback -You don't have to wait till the end of your film to review your progress!
- Onion skinning - Overlay frames on live video. Great for seeing how much you've moved your characters or for putting them back in place if you've knocked them over!
- Dynamically adjustable frame rate - Slow down or speed up your film or individual clips.
- Cut, copy, paste and reverse sequences of frames - Edit groups of frames to build up sequences of animation. Great for quickly animating repetitive actions such as blinking, waving etc.
- Import music and sounds - Zu3D comes with a library of sound effects and music which can dramatically enhance your films. You can also import your favourite music from your device.
- Record narration - or your own sound effects.
- Speech bubbles - Choose from a variety of different speech bubbles to overlay over your film.
- Titles & credits - Add exciting titles and scrolling credits using one of our many templates or build your own.
- Timelapse - Create amazing time-lapse films.
- Share your film directly on YouTube or the moderated Zu3D gallery - At the click of a button you can share your film with friends, family and the entire world on YouTube or our moderated animation gallery.
- Unlimited Movie Length - Make a film as long as you want!
- Unlimited layers of audio - Using a very simple drag-drop interface you can arrange your music and sound effects to create your very own audio visual masterpiece.
- Delete frames - Delete any frames from your animation at any time - in case you accidentally take a picture of your hand!
- Video editing - Our simple interface allows for easy editing of your animations!
- Portrait and Landscape Orientations supported - Capture your film in the orientation that suits you.
- Use front or back camera - Switch between the front and back camera at any point
- Retina Display - Get the full benefits of your retina display.
- Exposure, white balance and focus lock - Easy to use camera settings to create a professional finish.
- Option to export your film in three different qualities including HD. - Turn your animation into a .mp4 file that you can share with friends.
- Autosave - Your animation saves automatically so no need to worry about losing your work.
Usually retailing at $9.99, Zu3D is currently 99¢ for a limited time only (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.