Find out what happens after a project gets the green light at ‘They Said Yes! Now What?’ panel at the Women In Animation general meeting on Thursday, June 27.
BURBANK, CA -- Women in Animation will be hosting a panel, “They Said Yes! Now What?”
at its upcoming General Meeting on Thursday, June 27, covering a part of the animation process one rarely hears about: what happens after a project gets the green light.
Last year's highly successful panel, "Who Says Yes? And Why?” covered how studios and networks make their decisions on what shows to buy and who gets involved in that process. This panel will cover what happens after the studio or network says “We want your show.” Panelists will discuss the legal and business issues of the actual deal, and share insights about the development process from this point forward (What? You thought you were done developing it when you sold it?), including how much you can expect to be involved with or in charge of the series.
- Craig Miller (co-creator/developer, Pocket DragonAdventures, Trash Pack)
- Kaaren Lee Brown (Creative Development Executive)
- Audrey Diehl (Executive Director of Development,Nickelodeon)
- Brian Hohlfeld (co-creator Transformers RescueBots, My Friends Tigger and Pooh)
- Maggie Roiphe (Owner, agent, The Maggie Roiphe Agency)
Thursday, June 27 at 6:30 pm
The Animation Guild 1105 N. Hollywood Way Burbank, CA 91505
Free for members of Women in Animation, all others a $10.00 donation. Seating is limited, so please RSVP early. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 25th.
Source: Women In Animation