Each week, Animation World Magazine offers new articles, special features and theme-based coverage of the art, craft and industry of animation. New this week...
Each week, Animation World Magazine offers new articles, special features and theme-based coverage of the art, craft and industry of animation. New this week:
- Dream is Destiny: Waking LifeRichard Linklater's latest film has caused quite a stir in the animation community. Is it really animated? Why is it "animated?" Is this just what the animated feature world needs or a sneaky imposter?
- The Animation Pimp: We, Myself and YouThe Pimp reacts to the events of September 11, 2001 and relates them to our little animated corner of the earth.
- Drawn to ConclusionsCGI will be the death of traditional animation? Martin "Dr. Toon" Goodman doesn't think so...
- Fresh from the Festivals: November 2001's Film ReviewsJon Hofferman reviews five short films fresh from the festival circuit:Tom Schroeder's traumatic Bike Ride, E=mc2 by Alina Hiu-Fan Chau, Insect Poetry from Will Vinton Studios' Marilyn Zornado, Lint People by Helder K. Sun and Maaz by Christian Volckman. Includes QuickTime movie clips!
- The Terry-fying ChallengeGene Deitch talks about Terrytoons: "Here was my locale that most interests the animation historians. So now I finally have the chance to tell it like it really was. I name names -- all the names, and print the pix. I tell you what I did and what I tried to do -- a 'renaissance' -- a total make over... and I tell you why it failed."