Artists from the Creative Talent Network to showcase how they create for feature films and independent personal projects with the Wacom Cintiq.
Vancouver, WA – Wacom’s in-booth theatre (Booth #119) at the upcoming SIGGRAPH show in Anaheim, California, July 23 - 25, will be “the place” for attendees to gather and learn about digital content creation from leading animation artists provided by the Creative Talent Network. The select group of artists will demonstrate their drawing and story-telling skills using a Wacom Cintiq interactive pen display and accompanying creative software applications.
Wacom’s SIGGRAPH presentation schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, July 23
- 10AM - Craig Elliott - After receiving his training at the ArtCenter College of Design, Craig began his career in the entertainmentindustry as a layout and visual development artist. Today, Craig’swork can be found at virtually all of the major studios and his personalwork has developed quite the international fan base.
- 1PM - Erik Martin - A talented and enthusiastic artist, Erikincludes Walt Disney Imagineering, Walt Disney Interactive, Jim Henson,Nickelodeon among his clients. When not working digitally, he enjoyspainting landscapes with traditional media.
- 3PM - Craig Elliott - Encore performance. See above.
Wednesday, July 24
- 10AM - Brian Kesinger - An Annie award winning artist for WaltDisney Studios and the creator of the popular characters, Otto andVictoria, Brian’s 16 years at Disney has spanned both hand drawn and CGanimated films from Tarzan to Wreck-it Ralph. His debut book, “WalkingYour Octopus,” showcases his style, wit and ability to tell engagingstories.
- 1PM - Armand Baltazar - A senior designer with Pixar AnimationStudios, Aramand’s credits include work on Cars 2, Brave and otherfilms. He exhibits his fine art in and around Los Angeles and SanFrancisco and enjoys speaking and teaching at universities around thecountry.
- 3PM - Armand Baltazar - Encore performance. See above.
Thursday, July 25
- 10AM - Brett Bean - As a freelance character designer forclients that include Disney TV, Nerd Corps, Wizards of the Coast andDisney Interactive, Brett brings 10 years of design experience to thetable. Brett’s recently funded graphic novel, “Spaced Out – TheStory of Fil and the Mantis,” will be coming out later this year.
- 1PM - Armand Serrano - Celebrating more than two decades in theanimation industry, Armand currently hangs his hat at Walt DisneyAnimation Studios. His film credits include Hotel Transylvania, Liloand Stitch, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Mulan and many more.
- 2:30PM - Jason Scheier - A visual development artist forDreamWorks Animation SKG, Jason has had the opportunity to use hisartistic talents in the creation of several films including Kung Fu Panda,Megamind, Turbo, the Croods and Rise of the Guardians.
About the Creative Talent Network
The Creative Talent Network (CTN) is an online community of leading animation professionals whose contributions to the industry can be seen in some of the highest grossing films in the history of animation. Each year, CTN hosts the “Animation eXpo” where members thrill audiences by sharing their amazing artistic talents. Consult www.ctnanimationexpo.com to discover more about the event, held at the Burbank Convention Center, November 15 – 17, 2013.
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.