Red Giant Announces New FCP X Tools
Watch this video to learn how Red Giant and CrumplePop worked together to make the industry's most true-to-life 16MM and 8MM film look effect in this video:
Red Giant Carousel for FCP X
For creative editors who want to harness the emotive power of plastic cameras and 120 film, Carousel creates uniquely striking images that are useful in a wide variety of films. Carousel combines optical imperfections, vignettes, and color grades from a plastic camera to create a sophisticated effect that can be dropped onto any clip. Once applied, Carousel can be easily fine-tuned to create the perfect mix of film fade, light leaks, and color cross-processing. Red Giant Carousel features:
- 10 Vintage Camera Looks: Carousel captures the classic look of color cross-processing, film fading, and vignettes. Authenticity was key in development. Each look was created using film prints from a toy camera and 120 film, with care taken to preserve the color profile and unique flaws in the prints that came back from the lab. Carousel features optically-captured light leaks to complete the unique feel of using a vintage plastic camera.
- Drag and Drop: Simply go to the Effects area in FCP X and drag one of the 10 vintage presets onto your clip. If you have a relatively new Mac (even an iMac or Mac Mini), you can play back your clip in real time – no waiting to render.
- Completely Customizable: Nearly every detail in Carousel is customizable, from the color and flicker of the light leak to the style and size of the vignette. If you like, you can customize the color, light leaks, fading, and vignette to your liking to create hundreds of different looks. With Carousel you can capture the exact look you need for your project.
- Works Inside FCP X: Carousel was designed from the ground up for FCP X. Because it is an FCP X effect, it can be dropped onto your footage and previewed in real time – no need to wait for rendering. Carousel for FCP X contains powerful controls that allow you to stylize your footage extremely quickly.
In addition to the products for FCP X co-produced with CrumplePop, Red Giant also has many other products for FCPX, including:
- Magic Bullet Looks
- Magic Bullet Mojo,
- PluralEyes 3 (our brand new Audio/Video syncing tool)
To learn more about Red Giant’s FCP X compatible products, please visit: http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/fcpx.
Red Giant RetroGrade for Final Cut Pro X is available immediately and priced at $49.00. Red Giant Carousel for Final Cut Pro X is also available immediately and is also priced at $49.00.
Source: Red Giant