Media 100 to Release 844/X Version 3
The "Visual Effects" release also provides new XML-based metadata interchange support, giving editors an XML description of the editing, transition, effects and compositing components of a timeline (program). New in version 3.0 is support for the import of XML metadata from existing Media 100 i and iFinish systems, giving thousands of dual-stream editors fast, easy access to 844/X for finishing.
Media 100 plans to use XML-based metadata interchange support as a platform for future 844/X releases; the goal is to give users a higher degree of metadata interchange with third-party content design solutions. Also, this new format support provides a basis for working with other metadata formats such as AAF.
New Workflow Features
As with previous 844/X releases, version 3.0 contains dozens of user-driven workflow features, enhancements and performance tunings. Some notable ones include:
- Color change filter--select pixels from a video image and adjust hue, saturation, RGB gain and contrast of both selected and unselected pixels;
- Direct manipulation--grab and manipulate the position, anchor point, and scale of a video image directly within the viewer window; view the image position in context with other layers; zoom and pan the viewer window to precisely place content in relation to other layers;
- Video and matte layer effects independence--apply digital video effects to video and/or matte layers completely independently;
- Add randomness--new creative effects parameter that can be applied to any or all 844/X effects;
- Long-form, high-layer-count projects--improved file indexing, Intelligent Layering Architecture (ILA--software) tuning, and better memory management accelerate up to 60-fold timeline manipulation and open/save performance on horizontally large (editing) and/or vertically large (compositing) video projects;
- Workspace presets--user-definable views and presets for specific workspace/timeline views, including the size and screen location of user interface windows.
844/X is available worldwide with prices starting at $9,995 for 844/X software and hardware. Complete 844/X system configurations start at around $20,000 and are available exclusively through authorized 844/X value-added resellers. For more information, or to obtain a comprehensive list of authorized resellers, please call (800) 773-1770 or visit www.media100.com.
Media 100 develops award-winning advanced media systems for content design, enabling creative professionals to design highly evocative effects-intensive work on a personal computer. Creative artists and content design teams around the world use Media 100's Emmy Award-winning solutions. The company is headquartered in Marlboro, Massachusetts.