The Visual Effects Society announces business roundtables for 2013 VES Summit; Women in VFX, Facilities of the Future, Crowd Sourcing Funds, Virtual Studios and The Art of the Deal in Content Creation among 12 featured interactive sessions.
The Visual Effects Society, the industry’s professional honorary society, has announced 12 Business Roundtable Discussions set for its fifth annual Summit, “A New Reality: Content Creation and Distribution.”
The daylong interactive forum, to be held on Saturday, October 26th at the W Hotel in Hollywood, will bring together top creatives, executives, thought leaders and visionaries from diverse disciplines to illustrate new pathways to creativity and problem solving in an atmosphere akin to TED Talks.
Business Roundtable moderators include senior executives from Walt Disney Studios, Paradigm Talent Agency, Method Studios, The Third Floor, Scarecrow Visual Effects and Digital District.
- Women in VFX -- Gettingwomen involved as artists, managers and technologists in visual effects.
- The Art of the Deal inContent Creation -- Working within the agency world to get the best projectdeal.
- Tapping into the InvestorCommunity -- Strategies for finding the right investor for any project.
- VFX Facilities of theFuture -- A look at how visual effects facilities will evolve to remain competitive.
- The New Frontiers forVF -- Exploring new markets beyond feature films, commercials and video gaming.
- Crowd Sourcing Funds:Kickstarter Successes -- Tapping alternative finance streams for project funding.
- Operating Multiple OfficesAround the World - Pros and cons of a workforce that straddles the globe.
- Strategic PartnershipsBetween Companies -- Symbiotic affiliations between specialized providers tostay competitive - what can they bring to the competitive equation?
- Virtual Studios: TheNew Reality -- Using crowd-sourced talent, cloud rendering and online biddingas a new business model.
- Shooting VFX -- The latestadvancements in cameras, production techniques and technology.
- Collaboration with theArt Directors Guild -- Building new realities.
- VFX for Commercials-- Current challenges for visual effects production in the fiercely competitivecommercial market.
Already announced are these prominent speakers sharing insights into success in the new VFX landscape:
Center Square: AMPAS Presidents Excusive -- Current and former Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences Presidents (AMPAS) Cheryl Boone Issacs, Sid Ganis and Hawk Koch will provide an intimate glimpse into life at the center of the changing entertainment industry.
Mission: Possible - Interplanetary robotics expert Nagin Cox will share her frontline perspectives on exploring new frontiers as a systems engineer and manager on multiple missions including NASA/JPL’s Galileo mission to Jupiter, the Mars Exploration Rover Missions and the Kepler telescope mission to search for earth-like planets around other stars.
In the Black: New Strategies for VFX Profitability - Building on the VES’ July 2013 whitepaper, “The State of the Global VFX Industry,” Carnegie Mellon Professor Carl Rosendahl will lead a discussion with top-tier studio and facility experts on new formulas for financial success in the dynamic global marketplace. Distinguished panelists include: Chris DeFaria, President, Digital Production, Animation and Visual Effects, Warner Bros.; Christian Kubsch, President, Method Studios; Tim Sarnoff, President, Digital Productions, Technicolor; and Ed Ulbrich, producer and former CEO, Digital Domain.
Additional updates on speakers and panels will be available soon.
Source: Visual Effects Society
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.