FOX Turns Yellow With Simpsons Fever This January
Press Release from FOX
As the momentous conclusion of the “Best. 20 Years. Ever.,” a year-long global celebration honoring all things THE SIMPSONS, approaches, FOX is toasting television’s favorite family by turning yellow for one week beginning Sunday, Jan. 3. The 20th anniversary will culminate on Sunday, Jan. 10 with the landmark 450th episode, “Once Upon a Time in Springfield” (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), followed by THE SIMPSONS 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL: IN 3-D! ON ICE! (8:30-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Throughout the week, FOX will incorporate the famous SIMPSONS yellow into on-air graphics and promotional spots that will run on the network and will be provided to FOX affiliates. SIMPSONS yellow will also be featured prominently on the network’s website, FOX.com.
Highlights of the “yellow” campaign include:
* The FOX logo and other on-air graphic elements such as lower-third promotional messaging will be turned yellow throughout the week
* SIMPSONS-themed animated lower-third graphics will appear in select primetime programming
* Promotional spots counting down to THE SIMPSONS anniversary celebration will air nightly
* SIMPSONS-themed FOX frames featuring Homer and “Simpsonized” messages will appear throughout primetime
* Congratulatory promotional spots featuring Anne Hathaway, Ryan Seacrest, Chris Martin, Ellen Page and Josh Groban, among others will air throughout the week
* SIMPSONS presence in FOX Sports NFL game
* The FOX.com homepage and additional pages will feature a SIMPSONS yellow background
* FOX social networking pages, including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace, among other websites, will feature SIMPSONS themes
* FOX affiliates will also go “yellow” using SIMPSONS yellow-themed promos throughout the week
* In addition to on-air support, to generate additional interest at the local level, life-size “Kent Brockman” (Host of Springfield’s Channel 6 News on THE SIMPSONS) standees, standees of the SIMPSONS family sitting on their iconic couch and yellow ties will be sent to affiliates for their use on-air
Now the longest-running comedy in television history, THE SIMPSONS immediately struck a chord with viewers across the country as it poked fun of itself and everything in its wake. With its subversive humor and delightful wit, the series has made an indelible imprint on American pop culture, and the family members have become television icons. Adding to its list of prestigious accolades, THE SIMPSONS was nominated this year for five Emmy Awards, including one win for Dan Castellaneta as Outstanding Voiceover Performer; five Writers Guild Awards; and four Annie Awards, including Best Animated Television Production.
THE SIMPSONS is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening and Al Jean are the executive producers. Film Roman, a Starz Media Company, is the animation house.