Spiral Graphics Announces Genetica 4.0
Spiral Graphics Inc. has announced Genetica 4.0, a momentous new version of its seamless texture, animation, and HDRI environment map editor. The new version, anticipated for release in the first quarter of 2013, can be preordered for a 40% discount.
A beta of the new version is expected in early 2013, with the final release slated for the first quarter. Genetica 4.0 will be available for Windows XP and above.
A public announcement of Genetica 4.0 was posted to Spiral Graphics’ website. The company has also announced a 40% discount for Genetica 4.0 preorders, available both for new licenses as well as upgrades.
Genetica is a node-based graphics application that allows artists to non-destructively build textures and effects. It has been used on countless projects ranging from computer games, to television programs, to architectural projects.
With Genetica artists can:
- Generate procedural images by stringing together different types of nodes.
- Create seamless textures directly from photographic sources.
- Enjoy the industry's only professional-level drawing tools that produce seamlessly repeatable results.
- Generate effect maps such as height and specular maps.
- Make HDRI lighting environments and cube maps for realistic reflections.
- Create looping animated textures such as burning fire or rippling water
Source: Spiral Graphics Inc.