Side Effects Releases Houdini 11
* Combing direction can now be controlled by skin shaders
* No need for rest attribute
* Distributed wire solver output node
* Support for cloth pinching and layering
* Direct support for non-stretchy cloth (stretch/shear/bend constraints)
* Ability to simulate 0D cloth particles and to attach 1D cloth strings to 2D cloth surfaces - this provides as unified cloth solver for particles, wires and cloth surfaces.
* Distributed cloth solver output node
* New CHOPS (foreach, iksolver, objectchain, transformchain, vector ) – for crowds and more
* New python module that lets developers easily embed C++ code into python code
Pricing and Availablility
Houdini 11 is available immediately with Houdini Escape available for as low as $1,995 and Houdini Master available for as low as $6,695. The Free Apprentice Edition can be downloaded today from sidefx.com and Houdini Apprentice HD can be purchased for $99. Existing version 10 Apprentice HD customers can upgrade for $69.
With Houdini 11, Side Effects is launching a new Annual Subscription Plan which offers access to Houdini software, upgrades and support for a year at a time. This program lowers the up-front cost for studios interested in working with Houdini and gives them a flexible way to scale up their licenses. With this program, Houdini Escape is available for as low as $1,595 and Houdini Master is available for as low as $4,595.