Red Giant Unveils BulletProof at NAB 2013
The BulletProof workflow is presented in a series of five views, arranged in a left-to-right flow that mirrors what filmmakers do on set every day. Moving between views is interactive and fun with a sliding interface and finger swipe support. Everything about the UI is designed to be intuitive; use Import once and you’ll already know how to use Export. Filmmakers can even choose between a friendly Conversation mode and an “engineer-friendly” Layout mode.
- Import: Offloading clips from media cards and drives is quick and safe in Import. BulletProof doesn’t alter data while copying and backing up, so the integrity of your footage is always maintained.
- Organize: Set up shots before they reach the editing platform. In Organize, you can see thumbnails of the entire story, and check if the clips match the creative vision. Filmmakers organize their footage in a way that makes sense to them, using folders playlists, andmetadata like keywords and star ratings.
- Review: Review gives filmmakers the power to check quality and story. Examine and scrub individual clips, and set In/Out points and markers as you narrow down the shots. Review mode ensures footage from different cameras will ultimately match. Filmmakers can set up a rough cut and get a feel for the edit—before sending it to the editor.
- Refine: Jumpstart the color grade with a first pass of color. Refine provides professional color tools like Colorista color wheels and LUTs that let you unify and fix colors on the spot to avoid reshoots later. All color and metadata are applied non-destructively, so original clips are always safe and untouched.
- Export: The Export view is designed for fast delivery of masters, proxies and dailies, without the usual tedium of transcoding. Options like Burn In, Frame Rate and Resolution make it simple to export in a single time-saving pass.
A list of camera and codec/format support for BulletProof v1.0 is available here www.redgiant.com. Additional camera support will be added as free updates for BulletProof customers, and will be announced as they are released.
Source: Red Giant