Red Giant Adds New Support to Magic Bullet Denoiser II
Portland, OR – Red Giant released a new version of Magic Bullet Denoiser II that adds support for Apple Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro. With this new release, Denoiser II v1.3 provides filmmakers and editors access to powerful denoising tools directly in the editing timeline, and improves support for working with interlaced footage. Denoiser 1.3 is available immediately as a free update for existing Denoiser 1, Denoiser II and Magic Bullet Suite customers.
Denoiser 1.3 features intelligent default settings that provide immediate clean-up results when first applied to footage. Unlike other denoising tools and methods that can blur fine detail, Denoiser’s smart default settings deliver clean and professional results. Its cleanup features work right away, but for difficult noise situations, users can easily fine tune their footage with advanced controls.
Red Giant worked closely with industry professionals throughout the development process to ensure its defaults deliver the perfect balance between noise reduction and sharpness. “When Red Giant first released Denoiser II, it instantly became a must-have tool because of its power and ease of use,” said Eric Addison, owner of production company 100 ACRE FILMS and Denoiser beta tester. “But now that I have access to it in Premiere Pro, it’s even better. No longer do I have to go out to After Effects to use it – it is right there on my timeline. This great tool just made my workflow much more efficient.”
How Denoiser II Works
Denoiser II removes unwanted noise grain while leaving the fine details intact to deliver great-looking professional results, regardless of shooting or lighting conditions. Its features are ideal for a variety of workflow issues, such as:
- Motion Estimation for high and low motion: Get equally good support for high-speed camera movements and slow pans. The Motion Estimation feature compares successive frames to learn what is natural motion vs noise in the scene.
- Support for interlaced footage. Newly added in the Denoiser 1.3 update, the Separate Field checkbox that makes sure interlaced footage is properly treated when using Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Fine-tune for chromakey: Fine Tuning controls keep important image detail. Features include correcting green chroma tinge, minimizing over-smoothing, focusing on shadows and de-emphasizing highlights.
- Footage shot in low light: Video looks clean and smooth, even when shot in low light conditions, as controls like Noise Reduction and Noise Hint set how much noise is shown.
- Separate Video and Film modes: Video mode and Film mode characterize the noise to achieve the most accurate smoothing for black-and-white footage, full color footage, or material shot on film.
Pricing and Availability
Magic Bullet Denoiser II is available immediately and is priced at $99.00 USD for new customers. Denoiser 1.3 is available as a free update for existing owners of Denoiser 1, Denoiser II and Magic Bullet Suite. For sales or information about Denoiser II, please visit https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/denoiser-II/.
Denoiser II is part of Magic Bullet Suite 11, which is priced at $799.00 USD for new customers. For sales or information about Magic Bullet Suite, please visit http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-suite/.
Source: Red Giant