New Pricing for RenderMan Pro Server
RenderMan Pro Server, a new software package featuring an upgraded version of Pixar Animation Studios' RenderMan 3D rendering software (version 11.5), will be released in July, 2003 and repriced at $3,500. The new release showcases increased rendering performance indicative of the studio's recent work with FINDING NEMO. Complex scenes using subtle lighting effects should see significant gains, and a new rendering mode boosts throughput by automatically harnessing the full power of modern multi-processor systems.
Pixar's RenderMan Pro Server Components:
* PRMan, Pixar's PhotoRealistic RenderMan renderer.
* Irma, shading and lighting development re-rendering tool.
* AlfServer, enables distributed parallel rendering on server farms and idle desktops.
* Additional utilities formerly bundled in the RenderMan toolkit.
New Features in RenderMan 11.5:
* Multi-processor rendering allows multiple CPUs on the same machine to work on the same frame in parallel for faster throughput.
* Sub-sample resolution z-stencil buffers enable new types of geometry blending and clipping effects.
* Aggressive acceleration.
* Sophisticated improvements in scene analysis which substantially reduce the time spent in shader execution for scenes with highly complex geometry and shaders.
* New algorithms dramatically accelerate indirect illumination, ambient occlusion and other effects associated with global illumination.
* The shader compiler performs significant new code analysis to improve memory usage and rendering performance.
* The quality of indirect illumination and ambient occlusion has been improved, especially for animation.
* Particle effects render faster and with fewer artifacts due to improved RiPoints.
* Motion blur has been enhanced for fast moving objects in scenes with a high depth of field.
* Subdivision surfaces handle textures more accurately due to "facevarying" interpolation improvements.
* "Deep Shadow" improvements.
* More efficient for larger images.
* New API for custom control.
For more information about RenderMan, including product descriptions and price lists, please visit www.pixar.com.