Imagineer Launches Academic Discount Program
Press release from Imagineer:
GUILDFORD, UK -- Imagineer Systems, developers of the popular motion tracking and visual effects software, mocha Pro, announced that the company is launching a new discount pricing program created specifically for universities, film schools and high schools. The new Imagineer Systems Authorized Education Partner Program is designed to make it easy for educators to incorporate valuable skill sets derived from mocha Pro v3 and its powerful Planar Tracker technology into a school’s curriculum.
Imagineer’s new academic and EDU discount programs offer two options, now available on an annual renewal fee basis:
- mocha Pro v3 EDU Single Seat option offers one fixed price per seat (node or float) for $199.00 USD per year;
- mocha Pro v3 Authorized Education Partner Program offers up to 50 floating seats of mocha Pro v3 for only $5,000.00 USD per year. As members of the Authorized Education Partner Program, sites also receive a free listing and banner on Imagineer’s web site, access to Imagineer Product Specialists via Skype, and the ability to run the mocha license server remote and allow VPN log-in.
Who Qualifies for Academic Discounts
- University, college students, film school students, faculty members and departments
- High school students, faculty members and departments
- Approved non-profit organizations
To qualify for the new Academic Discount Programs, schools or students are required to provide written proof of eligibility, via academic ID or non-profit certification. Use of the program is expressly restricted to use in teaching, research and noncommercial projects.
What’s New for Schools and Students in Version 3
Imagineer Systems has worked closely with its customers to improve its family of intelligent Planar Tracking utilities. All mocha v3 products have been updated to add new features and improve core areas for customers: from large facilities that require advanced layer management tools for film effects and roto pipelines, to creative boutiques and artists who’ve been asking for true 3D camera support for years. Among the new developments in v3 are:
- New Rotoscoping Tools: Transform Tool and Join Layers designed to create and edit roto masks more efficiently;
- New Layer Management: View, organize, color code and group mocha layers. Increase artists productivity;
- Project Management: Easily merge and share projects between artists for large scale roto and vfx pipelines;
- 3D Camera Solver: The advanced Planar Tracker now includes 3D Camera Solver for After Effects and FBX formats (Nuke, Maya, Cinema 4D and more);
- Dopesheet: New keyframe layout for adjusting timing and animation;
- Even More Improvements: Keyboard shortcuts and interface improvements enhance the entire Planar Tracking-based workflow for tracking, roto, removal and more.