Discreet Lustre 2.6 and Autodesk Incinerator 1.0 Announced
* Ultra high-speed inline clustering technology for HD, 2K and 4K digital color grading
* Realtime 2K color correction for combined primary and multiple complex secondary color grading and accelerated effects
* Designed to augment the Lustre systems highly optimized realtime CPU/GPU capabilities for even faster performance
* Cluster nodes optimized to work in parallel over a high-speed Infiniband network
* Uses standard file-systems for superior data management and workflow
* Fully modular and scalable hardware and software architecture
* Intelligent system management software
* Turnkey system requires no proprietary hardware components, providing superior workflow integration, faster processing, improved system longevity and more rapid software improvements
The Lustre 2.6 system is anticipated to ship in summer 2005. The Incinerator 1.0 system is anticipated to ship later this year and is sold as a separate product.
Founded in 1982, Autodesk Inc. (www.autodesk.com) is headquartered in San Rafael, California. The company recently renamed Discreet to Autodesk Media and Ent. The division best known for 3ds max and other digital imaging software will continue to service the film, video, gaming and related media and entertainment markets. This renaming ensures that the creative toolset from Autodesk Media and Ent. will stay on the leading edge of product innovation.