Carbon Scatter 2 Now Available
Beaverton, OR -- e-on software announced the immediate availability of Carbon Scatter 2, the company's advanced instancing plugin for 3ds Max, Maya and Cinema 4D.
Derived from e-on software's acclaimed EcoSystem technology, Carbon Scatter 2 is the easiest and most straightforward solution for creating complex and detailed populations using the native instancing technologies of the host application.
On top of new super-fast population algorithms (create over 1 million instances per second!), Carbon Scatter 2 adds the ability to populate objects all around at 360°, allows stacking of instances, and makes fantastic use of the native displaying technologies of your application (point-cloud rendering, Nitrous interactive rendering, etc). There are many other novelties in this release, including the ability to use curves to define population areas, which, added to Carbon Scatter's interactive painting tools and powerful fractal rules, gives you unprecedented control over your instancing.
By adding the optional Carbon Botanica module, users can even edit and create their own plant species directly, for even greater variability and control (see below).
Key features of Carbon Scatter 2
Carbon Scatter 2 integrates e-on’s patented EcoSystem algorithms directly inside the end user’s favorite 3D application, allowing the population of native scenes with millions of instances and rendering them with the user’s renderer of choice.
Key benefits of Carbon Scatter 2 include:
- Over 100 3D plant species (with variations!) and 130+ billboard trees included
- Populate millions of instances per second!
- Interactive population – change a setting and Carbon Scatter repopulates in a blink
- Populate at 360° around objects
- Use the powerful EcoPainter brush to paint-in instances directly with your mouse
- Edit or create your own plant species with the optional Carbon Botanica module
- Render billions of polygons easily thanks to native instancing
- Works with all your shaders
- Compatible with native previewing options (Nitrous, point-cloud, etc)
- Advanced scattering rules with procedural graph control
- Multi-layer scattering with internal affinity/repulsion
- Scattering inside/along curves
- Stacked instances (e.g. to create piles of rubble)
- Use animated populations with full phasing control
- Enormous library of additional plant species available from cornucopia3d.com
Vegetation Customization with Carbon Botanica
Based on e-on software’s renowned procedural plant technology, the optional Carbon Botanica Plant Editor lets the user easily customize any of the plants included with Carbon Scatter and allows creation of his own, unique plant species.
The user can adjust the settings for the entire plant, or work on individual subsets of the plant (trunk, branches leaves...). Textures for any subset can be edited or replaced, so custom pictures and scans can be used to create new realistic leaves and trunks.
Newly created plants can be saved as specimens for later use. Since each plant is based on the SolidGrowth technology, each plant populations will automatically feature variations for that extra-realistic look.
More information, sample imagery and videos about Carbon Scatter 2 are available at www.carbonscatter.com
Source: e-on software