AMD Technology Helps Bring “Predators” To Life on the Big Screen
Press Release from AMD
Sunnyvale, Calif.— AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that Troublemaker Studios utilized Six-Core AMD Opteron processors and ATI FirePro graphics accelerators to create animations and special effects for the new film “Predators”, now in theaters. Produced and executive directed by acclaimed film maker, Robert Rodriquez, Predators stars Academy Award winning actor Adrien Brody in a tale about a group of elite warriors who come to realize they’ve been brought together on an alien planet…as prey.
* With a long history in the movie making industry, Troublemaker Studios is using AMD technology to push the envelope of digital movie making and special effects in several blockbuster films.
* In addition to “Predators”, Rodriguez has looked to AMD technology to create six of his movies, including “Shorts”, “Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams”, “Spy Kids 3D: Game Over”, “Planet Terror”, and “Sin City”.
* Rodriguez’s next film, “Machete”, is currently in production employing AMD technology as the movie’s digital hardware backbone, and is expected to be released on September 3, 2010.
“Robert Rodriguez is a director that works like a live musician. He creates spontaneously in the moment,” said Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD. “His choice of technology and technology partnerships
demands that the director’s vision is supported without compromise or delays. The creative team at Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios use workstations based upon AMD’s superior ATI FirePro V8800 graphics solutions and Six-Core AMD Opteron processors which enable the digital artist to create and iterate at the speed of thought.”
“With the AMD platforms, my creative team has the freedom to quickly design and animate all the required concepts and designs,” said Robert Rodriguez, Troublemaker Studios. “AMD’s complete platform solution helps turn our visions into reality – we can easily and quickly manipulate images or scenes without the wait process previously associated with computer technology.”
* Additional detail on ATI FirePro can be found at http://www.amd.com/firepro
* AMD Opteron processor details
* To receive regular updates on ATI FirePro or AMD Opteron, please follow us on Twitter @AMDOpteron and @ATIFirePro.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.