Spiral Graphics releases the latest version of their seamless texture, animation, and HDRI environment map editor, Genetica 4.0.
Significant new capabilities added in Genetica 4.0 are:
- A streamlined new way of editing graphics based ontweaking options in an intuitive interface. The existing node-basedapproach is still there for power users, but is no longer a necessity for performingcommon operations.
- A new filter system making it easy to for artists toadd effects to existing photos and images.
- The ability to procedurally generate textures forUV-mapped models, including impressive new operations such as texturesynthesis onto the surface of a model.
- The introduction of scripting, allowing savvy artiststo extend Genetica’s abilities in intriguing new ways.
- A host of new drawing tools including a pressure-sensitivebrush, freehand drawing, image trace, and the ability to import vectorsfrom other illustration packages.
- A dozen new nodes, adding abilities such as smartblurs, tilt shift effects, selective focus, and more.
Genetica is a node-based graphics application that allows artists to non-destructively build textures and effects. It has been used on countless projects ranging from computer games, to television programs, to architectural projects.
With Genetica artists can:
- Generate procedural images by stringing together different types of nodes.
- Create seamless textures directly from photographic sources.
- Enjoy the industry's only professional-level drawing tools that produce seamlessly repeatable results.
- Generate effect maps such as height and specular maps.
- Make HDRI lighting environments and cube maps for realistic reflections.
- Create looping animated textures such as burning fire or rippling water.
Genetica is available in Basic, Pro, and Studio editions.
Source: Spiral Graphics Inc.
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.