Southpaw Technology launches an expansive upgrade to their open source digital workflow platform, TACTIC.
Southpaw Technology announced that it has launched an expansive upgrade to the backend and frontend of their open source digital workflow platform, TACTIC. Major enhancements include a drag n’ drop ingestion widget, a MongoDB integration, a Perforce integration, an internal messaging tool and more. They have also deployed their code on GitHub for those programmers serious about collaborating on the TACTIC open source code base. The latest version of TACTIC can be downloaded from the TACTIC Community site or from the TACTIC GitHub project.
“Since launching open source TACTIC, we’ve seen thousands of downloads across a number of vertical markets, including consumer packaged goods, defense industry, government, broadcast, healthcare, film and video game companies ,” said Gary Mundell, CEO of Southpaw Technology. “These latest upgrades to TACTIC are all part of a larger initiative to ensure that TACTIC can be implemented more easily across very different data and file system environments, and to ensure that we continue to provide the tools that speed digital workflows for all work environments.”
TACTIC is a dynamic, open-source, web-based platform that allows users to manage the development and delivery of digital assets through the entire content creation process. Designed for busy work environments with high volumes of content traffic, TACTIC streamlines workflow by applying business logic to disparate data and file system environments and by dynamically visualizing every aspect through web-based delivery. The platform seamlessly combines elements of DAM, PAM, CMS and ECM technologies, offering users a set of tools to create a wide range of customized enterprise workflow solutions or smart process applications.
Latest TACTIC Enhancements:
- MongoDB - TACTIC can now treat any arbitrary data source as a first-class data source. The initial implementation of this abstraction is an integration into the leading noSQL database, MongoDB. Other NoSQL databases will follow soon.
- Perforce Integration - Coders using TACTIC alongside the software configuration management system, Perforce, can now check in files to a Perforce repository directly from the TACTIC interface. Naming conventions are automatically enforced to ensure they are organized properly.
- Ingestion Widget - A new ingestion widget allows users to drag n’ drop any file from Windows Explorer or Mac Finder into TACTIC. This is particularly useful for companies just getting started with TACTIC that have thousands of files to ingest.
- Messaging - A central messaging tool allows users to communicate more easily with each other all along the workflow pipeline. Messages can also be automated based on events, such as file status changes or file check ins.
- Performance Enhancements - Drag n’ drop file uploads, asynchronous loading of interface elements and folder-like browsing of assets, are designed to boost the performance of TACTIC and enhance the user experience.
- Deployment of the new TACTIC features can be supported by the Southpaw Professional Services team, which provides workflow advice and technical expertise for companies needing to rapidly extend the functionality of TACTIC across departments, studios and entire enterprises.
Source: Southpaw Technology
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.