Sony Pictures Mobile has announced its roster of mobile entertainment products inspired by this summer's SPIDER-MAN 2. The premium mobile entertainment products will be available in the United States exclusively to Sprint PCS Vision customers for a limited time beginning in May.
"Our SPIDER-MAN 2 mobile entertainment suite is the largest collection of games & personalization products we've ever offered," said Rio Caraeff, vp of wireless services for Sony Pictures Digital Networks. "SPIDER- MAN 2 is one of the most anticipated events on the mobile platform this year and we are thrilled to work with Sprint PCS as our partner to deliver this quality entertainment experience to consumers all across the United States."
"Sprint offers an extensive line-up of mobile content designed to allow customers to personalize their phones and keep them entertained on the go. By partnering with Sony Pictures Mobile to deliver their SPIDER-MAN 2 premium mobile products, we are able to offer our customers exclusive content based upon this highly-anticipated film," said Jeff Hallock, vp of consumer product marketing for Sprint.
The mobile offerings include:
* SPIDER-MAN VS. DOC OCKA multi-level action adventure game where Spider-Man battles Doc Ock on rooftops and through New York subways ending in a final pier showdown. The game includes a special un-lockable cheat code for the upcoming SPIDER-MAN 2 console game published by Activision.
* SPIDER-MAN 2 PINBALLAn action pinball game, themed with Spider-Man and Doc Ock characters on an extended screen game table. Unique to the game are on-screen interactive challenges, which are unlocked as the player builds points and bonus tricks.
* SPIDER-MAN 2 3D GAMESThe games feature three distinct immersive 3D action-adventures, each based upon key scenes from the film including New York City Rooftops, subways and piers. The player acts as Spider-Man as he leaps and swings through the city, defeating thugs and ultimately facing off with Doc Ock.
* SPIDER-MAN 2 TEXT MESSAGING GAMESPlayers can test their skills with two distinct text messaging games. In the games, players must show their knowledge of Spider-Man trivia and navigate through a mission-based text game.
* SPIDER-MAN 2 WALLPAPERS, RINGERS & VIDEO CLIPSSpider-Man fans will be able to download a suite of unique content to personalize their phone including official SPIDER-MAN 2 wallpapers, animated screensavers, ringers and video clips.
Sony Pictures Mobile formed in 2002 as a business unit of Sony Pictures Digital Networks and has become a global leader in mobile entertainment licensing and publishing. The group has since developed an array of mobile entertainment products, from interactive games to personalization products for consumers worldwide and is the official wireless rights holder to Sony Pictures Entertainment film and television properties. For more information, visit www.sonypictures.com .
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in more than 100 countries. Sprint develops, engineers and deploys state-of-the-art network technologies, including the United States' first nationwide all-digital, fiber-optic network and an award-winning Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com .