Sony Computer Ent. America announced its lineup of new software titles due out this year for PSP and PlayStation 2.
"Our goal for 2006 is to continue to lead and define the market for interactive entertainment and our exciting software lineup for the PSP and PlayStation 2 does just that," said Jack Tretton, evp/co-coo, Sony Computer Ent. America. "In addition to providing gamers and retailers with exciting sequels to best-selling franchises, we're continuing to broaden the portfolio with terrific new content from some of our best development teams, further demonstrating our dedication to our long-term vision for the PlayStation 2 as well as evolving the multimedia capabilities of the PSP system."
Titles include: * ATV OFFROAD FURY PRO (Available Oct. 2006 / Not Yet Rated)The PSP title allows players to choose from more than 30 total vehicles, including MX bikes, buggies, and Trophy Trucks to compete on 64 all-new tracks, including tracks from the original ATV OFFROAD FURY titles. Supporting up to four players via wireless multiplayer connectivity, gamers will speed through more than 30 environments with six distinct terrain types and can choose from more than 60 unique tracks. The game features five new events, new vehicles and mini-games, and cross compatibility with ATV OFFROAD FURY 4 for the PlayStation 2.
* ATV OFFROAD FURY 4 (Available Sept. 2006 / Not Yet Rated)ATV OFFROAD FURY 4 for the PlayStation 2 allows players to select their favorite ATV, or for the first time in franchise history, MX Bikes, Buggies and Trophy Trucks to race through 72 tracks on six different continents. Featuring an all-new story mode, players will be able to live the life of a rookie rider and earn a path to the ranks of professional racer. Additionally, ATV OFFROAD FURY 4 adds cross communication capabilities with ATV OFFROAD FURY PRO for the PSP, including vehicle exchanges and upgrades, shared online communities, and the ability to share user created circuits. The game will support up to eight players online, with other key features including a track editor as well as extensive vehicle tuning and customization options.
* GANGS OF LONDON (Available fall 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Created by Sony Computer Ent. Europe's London Studio, developers of THE GETAWAY franchise, GANGS OF LONDON was designed specifically for the PSP and will be presented in graphic-novel style narratives. Storylines enable each player to experience their own unique progression in nearly 60 different missions that immerse gamers in an elite criminal underworld in modern day London. The title offers a variety of gameplay modes including Story Mode, Gang Battle, Free Roaming, London Pub Games and a unique Game Sharing mode.
* GOD OF WAR II (Available Q1 2007 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by Sony Computer Ent. America's Santa Monica Studios, GOD OF WAR introduced a groundbreaking, combat action-adventure videogame based on Greek mythology that went on to capture more than a dozen "Game of the Year" Awards. In GOD OF WAR, players were introduced to Kratos, a mortal warrior, who set upon an epic quest to dethrone a God. In GOD OF WAR II for the PlayStation 2, players will retake the role of Kratos. Armed with the deadly blades and aided by new magic and brutal combat moves, the journey will take players through environments where they will be faced with a labyrinth of challenging puzzles and mini-games intricately woven into the story. The violent world of Greek mythology will come to life in gory detail as Kratos encounters new mythical characters, and competes in epic boss battles in his quest to the far reaches of the earth in order to alter that which no mortal, or god has ever changed, his fate.
* KILLZONE: LIBERATION (Available Oct. 31, 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by Guerilla, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Ent. Europe, KILLZONE: LIBERATION for the PSP is a third-person action game that puts the players into various missions to rescue hostages from the evil Helghast. Inspired by the events in KILLZONE for PlayStation 2, the story continues with the battle against the Helghast still raging on. Featuring an intelligent third person camera system, KILLZONE: LIBERATION allows players a more tactical surveillance viewpoint to view their action and read the enemy's behavior during gameplay. Set in an intense postmodern war reminiscent of the previous PlayStation 2 title, KILLZONE: LIBERATION features the unique graphical style to showcase pure grit and realism. During gameplay, players will have access to online and offline missions, supported with a variety of weapons that are inspired by modern military equipment.
* LEMMINGS (Available May 2006 / Rated "E" for "Everyone")Developed by Team 17, LEMMINGS delivers the ultimate in puzzle gameplay, perfect for quick, on-the-go gaming on the PSP. In LEMMINGS, players will guide a group of cute, but hapless little creatures within each level from an entrance point to an exit point. Fast reflexes and quick wits are necessary to ensure the Lemmings don't walk to their doom. Disaster is at every step, including the perils of raging rivers, steep cliffs, pits of lava and mechanical spikes that stand between the Lemming masses and safety of the exit. LEMMINGS will feature more than 150 levels, including new puzzles exclusively for the PSP. In addition, the game will host a new mix of music, custom level creation and wireless capability for players to share newly created levels.
* LOCOROCO (Available Sept. 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by Sony Computer Ent. Japan, LOCOROCO is a 2D platform/action game available exclusively for the PSP. Featuring unique controls utilizing the "L" and "R" shoulder buttons, players are tasked with controlling via "tilting or bumping" the landscape of the LocoRoco in order to help them navigate through the level and keep out of harm's way. With more than 40 stages, players control and guide the LocoRoco through worlds filled with slippery slopes, swing ropes and more. Featuring six different types of LocoRoco that include their own voices and actions, the game also features the rewarding LocoHouse, three mini-games and wireless features.
* NBA '07 (PlayStation 2) (Available Sept. 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by SCEA San Diego Studios, NBA '07 for the PlayStation 2 hits the hardwood with new features, enhanced gameplay and "The Life: Volume 2." In the sequel to "The Life," gamers are exposed to the successes and failures of life in the NBA both on and off the court this time as the league's star player. An all-new Smart Shot Indicator provides a visual gauge of the impact defense has on shot opportunities, and a new Power Boarding System is now in place to offer a true 3D approach for players to position themselves for rebounds. Additionally, NBA '07 includes refined core gameplay elements including new mechanics for stealing, passing and shot selection as well as more intuitive AI.
* NBA '07 (PSP) (Oct. 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by SCEA San Diego Studios, NBA '07 for the PSP, featuring new mini-games, has players participate in an all-new rhythm-based dunk contest as well as carnival-style games including pop-a-shot, skee-ball and pinball. NBA '07 also features a new Conquest Mode, where players take a team and challenge NBA squads across the country, as well as a new Pick Up Mode, where gamers can choose from 10 randomly selected NBA players for a full game match-up.
* RATCHET & CLANK: SIZE MATTERS (Available Q1, 2007 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by High Impact Games, RATCHET & CLANK: SIZE MATTERS is an all-new action platformer made exclusively for the PSP. RATCHET & CLANK: SIZE MATTERS returns the franchise to its roots with hallmark RATCHET & CLANK gameplay. The new title features all new gameplay for Ratchet's brainy robotic sidekick, Clank, who steps out from the shadows to assume a prominent role alongside Ratchet. Capturing all of the humor from previous PlayStation 2 installments with engaging cinematics, RATCHET & CLANK: SIZE MATTERS will allow up to four players to compete in action-packed wireless multiplayer gaming.
* ROGUE GALAXY (Available Oct. 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Developed by Level 5, ROGUE GALAXY for the PlayStation 2 is a role-playing game (RPG) experience with visually stunning backdrops, an immersive storyline with plenty of unexpected twists and a proprietary combat system that gives the player total control of an epic adventure. Set in a vast world, this action-RPG allows players to run, jump, swim, climb and engage in combat realtime, as they explore active environments in a quest to locate a legendary planet. Players can control up to three characters at a time, each colorfully brought to life within highly detailed environments. In addition to the compelling storyline, gamers will have access to multiple sub-quests and be able to generate custom weapons and items by creating their own factory.
* SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS FIRETEAM BRAVO 2 (fall 2006 / Not Yet Rated)In SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS FIRETEAM BRAVO 2 for the PSP, players will command a secret subset of the most elite and deadly fighting force on the planet through broad combat experiences including new non-linear mission progression, more than 40 authentic real world weapons and a huge area of operation spanning multiple terrain types and environments. Multiple players will once again be able to form clans and take on their friends for team based high-action gameplay via a Wi-Fi connection. Up to 16 players in close proximity in Ad Hoc mode, and online in Infrastructure mode, can compete wirelessly through three new game types across all new multiplayer maps and original SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS FIRETEAM BRAVO maps. SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS FIRETEAM BRAVO 2 is complete with a variety of new gameplay features including non-linear mission progression and a persistent performance rating system. In this system "Command Equity" points can be used to add new weapons to the armory or purchase in-game air strikes and supply drops and a new "Local Influence" rating system gives players access to black market weapons and intelligence from locals.
* SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS COMBINED ASSAULT (fall 2006 / Not Yet Rated)Player can protect America and freedom from enemy forces in urban and rural warfare in SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS COMBINED ASSAULT for the PlayStation 2. The PlayStation 2's top online gaming franchise continues its assault with an all-new four-player cooperative play, improved enemy behavior and tactics and new vehicles and weapons. Command the most feared Special Forces team ever assembled through a single, massive Area of Operation with varied missions spanning across multiple diverse regions. Players will have the ability to select an individual tactical mission area that was previously completed, and play it as a stand-alone, or 'Instant Action', mission in four-player online cooperative play. Players can then customize these Instant Action missions for nearly endless replay. SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS COMBINED ASSAULT will also contain the full SOCOM 3: U.S. NAVY SEALS multiplayer online game with all maps, patches and updates included and it will be completely compatible with SOCOM 3 ONLINE multiplayer. Improved Crosstalk functionality between SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS FIRETEAM BRAVO 2 and SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALS COMBINED ASSAULT allows each game to have even more dramatic effects on the progression of the other, in addition to unlocking special features across the titles.
* WORLD TOUR SOCCER '06 (Available June 2006 / Not Yet Rated)WORLD TOUR SOCCER '06 for the PSP lets soccer fans bring the game with them anywhere, anytime. Redesigned specifically for on-the-go gaming, WORLD TOUR SOCCER '06 offers a multitude of quick and thrilling game sessions and the opportunity to take on the world's best from Africa, Asia, North America, South America and Europe. To highlight the fundamentals of the sport, World Tour Mode takes players through 10 all-new challenges that emphasize passing, ball control, possession and style of play. Through Ad Hoc mode, WORLD TOUR SOCCER '06 supports up to four players wirelessly and the unique game sharing feature allows players to compete head-to-head with only one copy of the game. WORLD TOUR SOCCER '06 embraces the stylish play of Pavel Pardo as he joins the franchise as its newest cover athlete. Pardo, who has more than 110 international appearances, will take a break from his starring role with Club America in Mexico's first division to represent Mexico in this summer's World Cup.
Sony Computer Ent. America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets and distributes software for the PS one game console, the PlayStation 2 and the PSP for the North American market. Based in Foster City, California, Sony Computer Ent. America Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Ent. Inc. Visit www.us.playstation.com for more information.