SIGGRAPH Asia 2008, the first non-North American venue for a SIGGRAPH conference, to take place Dec. 10-13 at Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Center, Singapore, is anticipating 6,000 participants and some 80 exhibiting companies and country pavilions.
SIGGRAPH Asia committee overview:
* Conference Advisory Group Chair - Alyn Rockwood, VP of ACM SIGGRAPH (US)* Conference Chair - Lee Yong Tsui, associate professor at the Nanyang Technological University's School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (Singapore)* Associate Chair - John C. Finnegan (US)* Technical Papers - Kurt Akeley (US)* Sketches & Posters - Diego Gutierrez (Spain)* Courses - Matt Adcock (Australia)* Art Gallery & Emerging Technologies - Tomoe Moriyama (Japan)* Computer Animation Festival - Jinny Choo (Korea)* Educators program - Mark Chavez (Singapore)* Exhibition - Caleb Cheong (Singapore)
* Technical PapersListen as leading experts from Asia and beyond present cutting edge peer-reviewed research from diverse fields including rendering, animation, medical imaging, virtual reality and many more.
* Sketches and PostersTake part in a dynamic forum as authors sketch out and discuss their works with a passionate audience. Check out the posters depicting graphical summaries of new ideas that come with a scheduled discussion session.
* CoursesInternational experts will be presenting instructional sessions on the latest and best practices in computer graphics and interactive techniques.
* Art GalleryThis is a showcase for innovative works, including hybrid formats such as text-literature collaboration and zero gravity space art, all of which will serve to provoke and challenge the audience's intellect.
* Computer Animation FestivalThis is a celebration of the best in world-class digital animation. With submitted works from around the world, in genres that extends to machinima, gaming and scientific visualization, it's a feast for both the eye and the mind.
* Educators programTo equip educators with the tools to guide the next generation of computer graphics professionals, this program will present innovative approaches to creative instruction in a series of panels, demos and informal discussions.
* Emerging TechnologiesDemos and installations of new computer graphics and interactive technologies such as haptic interfaces and robotics will be on display.
* ExhibitionBe the first to see and evaluate next generation CG & interactive technologies. Immerse yourself in an environment of new ideas, trends & concepts.
* Exhibitor Tech TalkGain insights before deciding on which new technology to align with an existing business.
* Job FairThis is where the biggest and the brightest flock together and a chance meeting may lead to a dream career.
For more information about SIGGRAPH Asia, visit www.siggraph.org/asia2008.