SCI FI celebrates 2004, with the channels highest-rated and most-watched year yet. This is the third consecutive year SCI FI has garnered recor- breaking primetime ratings. The channel also delivered its best-ever primetime rating, with 1.0 HH rating/1.2 million P2+ average for the year. Now fully-distributed to 84 million homes, SCI FI scored with viewers in nearly every key demographic, ranking within the Top 10 of all basic cable nets for ratings among P25-54, M25-54, P18-49, M18-49 and F25-54. The channel also ranked eighth for HH ratings among all measured, non-news, ad-supported basic cable networks in prime (M-Su, 8:00 -11:00 pm).
Highlights for 2004 include: * For the year, SCI FIs prime (M-Su 8P-11P) delivered a 1.0 HH rating, a +4%* increase from 2003.
* A 1.0 HH rating and over 1 million viewers in prime for every quarter in 2004. A streak that extends back to 2003, SCI FI has achieved this milestone for six consecutive quarters.
* This year, SCI FI delivered more P18-34s and P2-17 in prime than in any other year in the network's history. This is the third consecutive year of increasing P18-34 viewers.
* A primetime destination for families, SCI FI experienced a +21% jump among viewers under 18 (2004 to 145,000 P2-17) vs. 2003.
* The July 16 premiere of STARGATE ATLANTIS was the highest-rated and most-watched single episode of any series to ever air on SCI FI -- it was also the first episode of any series airing on the Channel to deliver ratings over 3.0 HH, and viewership over 4 million (P2+).
* The premiere of SCI FI Channel's original miniseries LEGEND OF EARTHSEA averaged a 3.2 HH rating/3.7 million P2+ over two consecutive nights.
* LEGEND OF EARTHSEA was the highest-rated and most-watched program in cable primetime on Dec. 13 and Dec. 14 (the minis entire run) #1 HH; #1 P2+; #1 P18-49; #1 P25-54.
* Due to the success of LEGEND OF EARTHSEA, SCI FI was the #1 network in cable for Monday and Tuesday in combined ratings and delivery.
* LEGEND OF EARTHSEA Part 2 is the highest-rated program to air on SCI FI in 2004.
* The two-night, four-hour FARSCAPE: THE PEACEKEEPER WARS (Oct. 17-18 @ 9:00 -11:00 pm ET/PT) premiere averaged a 1.7 HH rating/1,916,000 P2+, making SCI FI the #1 non-sports cable network for P25-54 and P18-49 for the time period over the two nights.
* SCI FIs miniseries thriller 5IVE DAYS TO MIDNIGHT kept a total (unduplicated/unique) audience (P2+) of nearly 9 million viewers over four consecutive nights (June 7-10).
* Driven by the success of new STARGATE SG-1 companion series STARGATE ATLANTIS, the channel had its best summer ever, delivering a record-breaking 1.1 HH rating for June-August.
* The summer season of STARGATE ATLANTIS averaged a 2.3 HH rating and nearly 3 million (P2+) viewers (+44% HH, +57% P2+ vs. STARGATE SG-1's summer season in 2003) -- the highest-rated original series SCI FI Channel has ever had.
* The premiere season of STARGATE ATLANTIS delivered more P18-49 than any series in the history of the network.
* The October 6th premiere of GHOST HUNTERS (1.4 HH rating, 1.1 million P2+) was the most-watched Wednesday night program on the network since January 2003, and ranks in the top ten of most-watched Wednesday programs in the channels history.
The March 4 premiere of comically-risqué animated series TRIPPING THE RIFT, with its 1.8HH rating/2 million P2+, scored numerous channel records and beat the series premiere of Comedy Centrals SOUTH PARK more than doubling its audience (8/13/97, 1.34 HH/889,000 P2+).
SCI FI Channel is a television network that broadcasts original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as running a Website (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 84 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.