Rising Sun Pictures and Flinders University announce the completion of their inaugural intensive ten-week training program in visual effects where students bolster their skills in rotoscoping, camera tracking, match-moving and compositing.
Adelaide, Australia -- Rising Sun Pictures (RSP) and Flinders University announced the completion of their inaugural ten-week training program in visual effects. Students from across Australia participated in the high-quality, work-integrated postgraduate program, enhancing their creative and practical skills in a professional production environment.
Students spent time at the RSP Studio where supervisors guided them in developing skills in rotoscoping, camera tracking, match-moving and compositing whilst utilising high-quality training materials from a variety of feature films. The students undertook a live-action film shoot and used that material to develop work for their demo reels. Additionally, lectures and tutorials given by representatives from all RSP departments helped students understand the workings of the roles within a VFX company.
The program provides students with a number of practical benefits, including:
- increased employability
- entry level skills in rotoscoping, plate preparation, camera tracking, match-moving and junior compositing
- the experience of working on feature film-quality material with real-world tasks and problems
- time management and troubleshooting skills while focusing on iterative deliveries
- university qualifications - aligning with one of Australia's great universities
- experience in working in a production environment - deadlines, teamwork, quality control, delivering to a client
- demystify industry and roles - better understanding of career pathways and roles
- the opportunity to interact with industry professionals and form links with the industry
- improve portfolio and demo reels
“We are pleased to have created this opportunity with Flinders to improve student career pathways and assist in training students in entry-level skills,” said RSP Managing Director Wayne Lewis. “We are providing students with the experience they need to work in a high-paced production environment.”
“Flinders University has a long history of innovating in education,” added Course Coordinator Theodor Wyeld. “Our collaboration with Rising Sun Pictures is part of an ongoing program to improve the quality of education opportunities that the university provides students.”
The second training round is now accepting applicants. Interested parties are invited to visit flinders.rsp.com.au to find out more information and submit an application.
Source: Rising Sun Pictures