Press Release from Red Giant
Portland, OR (August 24, 2011) – Red Giant (http://www.redgiant.com) today announced the release of Trapcode Suite 11. Designed by Peder Norrby, Trapcode’s original creator, Trapcode Suite 11 is a major upgrade to the industry standard VFX tool set for high quality broadcast design and 3D motion graphics.
With this release, Trapcode Suite 11 includes a new release of Form 2, featuring full support for OBJ files, enabling artists to import OBJs directly into After Effects for significantly enhanced 3D modeling and design. Trapcode Suite 11 also includes a new update for Lux 1.2 which adds 32-bpc support for deeper color effects for After Effects artists.
David Torno is the VFX supervisor for Ghost Town Media (www.ghosttownmedia.com), an award-winning VFX and post production shop based in Los Angeles, and has been testing Trapcode Suite 11. David had this to say about the newest release, “The Trapcode family of plug-ins are an irreplaceable toolset in our arsenal. We at Ghost Town Media have been long-time Trapcode advocates, and simply put, it's an essential baseline for every project we do. With powerful generators like Form and Particular, we're able to circumvent costly and time consuming avenues without sacrificing quality. Our new favorite addition to the Trapcode family is the OBJ importer in Form 2. This new tool has busted the creative doors wide open, allowing for even greater 3D integration into the After Effects environment.”
What’s New in Trapcode Suite 11Trapcode Suite 11 consists of nine full-featured tools for beautiful, realistic effects, with an emphasis on flexible 3D motion graphics. The suite offers two major new upgrades to the suite:
* Trapcode Form 2.0 - A significant upgrade, Form 2.0 now enables artists to bring OBJs directly into After Effects with support for 3D models and sequences, offers Particular 2 features, such as Textured Polygon and Streaklet particle types, and illuminate particles with Shading for visual depth and tight integration with After Effects lights. Form 2.0 also provides full Layer Map support with advanced animation control over particle size, rotation and color. An expanded Spherical Field feature enables artists to distort spheres into any elliptical shape, and built-in Audio Reactors simplifies application of variables, such as motion, dispersion, size and twist so particles organically react to frequencies and sound effects;
* Trapcode Lux 1.2 - Lux simulates the 'visible light' phenomenon of light in a dark or foggy environment. Lux creates realistic visible light sources for spotlights, flashlights, headlights, or stage lighting of all kinds, and now offers 32-bpc support.
Trapcode Suite 11 also includes:
* Trapcode 3D Stroke 2.6 - 3D Stroke uses paths from one or more masks to render volumetric strokes that can be rotated and moved freely in 3D space. It also includes a built-in camera to create dynamic 3D environments. Path reveals are made simple with keyframeable start and end sliders;
* Trapcode Echospace 1.1 - Speeds and automates the creation of sophisticated 3D layer effects in Adobe After Effects. Layer iterations can be controlled as a group or individually for sophisticated 'house-of-cards' or 'Cover Flow'-style animations;
* Trapcode Horizon 1.1 - Creates ultra-realistic environments using Trapcode Horizon to wrap sphere maps, panoramas or video around the After Effects world;
* Trapcode Particular 2.1 - Particular 2 is a fast, powerful 3D particle system with full camera and light support, delivering the most powerful particles for After Effects. Particular creates a wide range of realistic natural effects — from natural smoke and explosions to geometric, 3D, or organic abstract elements;
* Trapcode Shine 1.6 - Shine is a 2D plug-in that simulates 3D volumetric light effects within an editor. TV and movie professionals use it daily to create light rays that sweep through logotypes or any kind of footage;
* Trapcode Sound Keys 1 - Sound Keys is a keyframe generator plug-in for Adobe After Effects and enables users to visually select parts of an audio track and convert that audio into keyframes. Sound Keys is ideal for audio-intensive animations;
* Trapcode Starglow 1.6 - Enables users to add Hollywood glamor, with multiple colors and point and shimmer controls, to text or shapes with the fast-rendering Starglow plug-in.
Pricing and AvailabilityTrapcode Suite 11 is available immediately and is priced at $899.00 for new customers, and as a $99.00 upgrade for existing customers. Additionally, customers who already own Trapcode Suite 2004 and 2005, Particular V2 or any four individual Trapcode products, can purchase the entire Trapcode Suite 11 for $499.00.
All products in Trapcode Suite 11 are 64-bit and designed for use with Adobe’s Creative Suite 5.5. For more information, or to purchase Trapcode Suite 11, please visit www.redgiant.com.
About Red Giant Founded in 2002, Red Giant (www.redgiant.com) creates an ever-expanding universe of effects tools ranging from plug-in suites, applications and mobile apps to Guru Presets, free products and sharing communities. We provide software for motion design, photography and color correction that is used for everything from major motion pictures to worldwide television programming to web production. Red Giant offers the industry-leading Trapcode tools for broadcast design; Magic Bullet Suite for color correction; and over 60 products that run in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, Avid, Vegas, Nuke, and Avid Studio. Our effects have enhanced dozens of feature films such as Angels & Demons and The Social Network, and added sparkle to networks like NBC Universal, ESPN, Disney, CNN, Comedy Central, MTV, and TNT. Join us on Facebook (RedGiantSoftware), follow us on Twitter (@RedGiantNews) and get free content at Redgiantpeople.com.