Red Giant announces Magic Bullet Looks 2.5, a free update to current users, which features new color correction tools, better previewing of presets, and a major bump in speed.
Red Giant announced Magic Bullet Looks 2.5, an upcoming free update for current users of Looks and the Red Giant Color Suite. The free update includes new color correction tools, better previewing of presets, and a major bump in speed.
“It might look mostly the same at first glance,” said Nate Sparks, Red Giant Color Suite product manager, “but what’s under the hood is brand-spanking entirely new. Magic Bullet Looks has been around for a long time and we know how much users depend on it every day in their work. But we reached a point in development where the older technology it was built on was holding us back.”
Rather than continue building Looks on old code, the developers chose to spend the last year rebuilding it, entirely from scratch - preserving the hugely popular Magic Bullet Looks experience, while giving it new life and a bright future.
“A few weeks ago, we announced an entirely new development platform and effects library called Universe,” said Red Giant Co-founder Andrew Little. “That technology allows us to quickly create new effects and update existing ones quickly. Magic Bullet Looks has been rebuilt on the same flexible, GPU-enhanced technology, and it opens the door for us to do a lot more with Looks and other existing products in the future.“
- Speed increases of up to 95% on Windows and more than 25% on Mac.
- Improved Looks Previewing: allowing a user to hover over Looks to preview to see the results.
- Strength Slider: Control the overall strength of your entire Look with an easy-to-use, key-framable slider.
- LUT Tool: allows users to import .cube LUTs as well as 12 new LUT Presets.
- S-Curve Tool: makes it easy to add contrast without losing detail.
- Better Custom Looks Management: making it easier to share your Looks with other editors.
“These updates are just the very beginning,” said Sparks. “We’ve wanted to do much more with Magic Bullet Looks. And now, with Looks rebuilt, you can expect to see big things in the future.”
Source: Red Giant
Jennifer Wolfe is Director of News & Content at Animation World Network.