Pipelinefx has launched Qube! 4.0, the latest major release of the companys flagship enterprise-class render farm management software for film production and game development.
Announced at SIGGRAPH 2005, the new version of Qube! offers some of the following sophisticated features:
* Enhanced support for applications, including Maya, Softimage, 3ds Max, Shake, NUKE, mental ray and compatibility with OSX Tiger.
* Enhanced GUI called Qubic, which allows easy configuration of the Qube! Supervisor.
* Proxy user mode for Windows Workers, which simplifies job execution by having the number of users to be under the control of one Qube! administrator.
* Multi-threaded Worker, which improves communication between Worker and Supervisor and increases reliability via a self-healing mechanism.
* Automatic email reports when jobs finish, which allows users to fire and forget jobs.
* Host order job execution, which allows the Supervisor to favor hosts with certain useful characteristics, such as CPU speed.
* New license global resources tied to an external program, which reduces the number of lost jobs due to insufficient license resources at job execution time.
Qube! is highly customizable, extensively scalable, can be integrated into any production workflow, and is backed by 24 x 7 support. Qube! is IBM ServerProven, operates in Linux, Windows XP, 2000 and 2003 and Mac OSX environments.
Pipelinefx (www.pipelinefx.com), with headquarters in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii, was founded in 2002 and markets its leading enterprise-class render farm management software to the 3D animation, vfx, video and game industries.