PROMAX&BDA has announced the 2004 PROMAX&BDA Home Entertainment Award winners, honoring the best work and creative skills of marketing professionals in the home entertainment sector.
"PROMAX&BDA is pleased to honor these executives for their stellar efforts and creative vision in marketing Home Entertainment, one of the largest segments in the entertainment industry," said Jim Chabin, ceo of PROMAX&BDA. "Each year, we take great pride in recognizing the best marketing, promotion and creative experts that continue to steer Home Entertainment to new heights."
Pongo Prods. won four Gold and two Silver awards, closely passing Warner Home Video, which picked up three Gold and one Silver award. Aspect Ratio and Creative Domain both tied with two Gold and one Silver award. The Cimarron Group won two Silver awards and one Gold.
Complete list of winners:
* Alkemi Ent. / Buena Vista Home Ent.Gold Award - TV CampaignTHE OSBOURNES: The First Season - TV Campaign
Gold Award - Comedy TrailerTHE OSBOURNES: The Second Season - Consumer Trailer #3
* The Ant FarmSilver Award - TV CampaignHARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
* Aspect RatioGold Award - Teaser TrailerINDIANA JONES Teaser
Gold Award - Sales/Trade TrailerINDIANA JONES Trailer with Vam
Silver Award - Action/Adventure TV SpotX-MEN 2 "Pre-Street Teaser"
* The Cimarron Group - Susan AdamsGold Award - TV SpotLA FEMME NIKITA: Season One - "Runaway Assassin" TV:15
Silver Award - Drama TV SpotROAD TO PERDITION - "Experience" TV:30
Silver Award - TV SpotFINAL DESTINATION 2 - "Scary Way" TV:30
* Craig Murray Productions - Home EntertainmentSilver Award - Comedy TV SpotFINDING NEMO - "Shell" :30 TV
* Creative DomainGold Award - Drama TrailerLOVE IN THE TIME OF MONEY: "Decisions"
Gold Award - Copywriting - Television/TrailerTHE ALICE IN WONDERLAND MASTERPIECE EDITION "Smiling Cat"
Silver Award - Drama TrailerBLUE CAR: "Consumer Trailer #1"
* Echo Ent. Inc. / Buena Vista Home Ent. Gold Award - TrailerEQUILIBRIUM - Consumer Trailer
* KO Creative (formerly Global Doghouse)Gold Award - Print PackagingBUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - Season 3 - Domestic
* MGMGold Award - Print Campaign - ConsumerLEGALLY BLONDE 2: RED, WHITE & BLONDE Campaign
* PongoGold Award - Action/Adventure TV SpotJEEPERS CREEPERS 2 "Hungry For More"
Gold Award - Comedy TV SpotBRUCE ALMIGHTY "Thanksgiving Babble"
Gold Award - Drama TV SpotSCARFACE "World Is Yours"
Gold Award - Action/Adventure TrailerJEREMIAH Season 1
Silver Award - Action/Adventure Trailer2 FAST 2 FURIOUS "DVD Sampler"
Silver Award - Sales/Trade Trailer2 FAST 2 FURIOUS "DVD Sampler"
* Six Foot StudiosGold Award - New MediaLORD OF THE RINGS - THE TWO TOWERS - Digital Announce Kit
* Warner Home VideoGold Award - Print Ad - TradeANIMATRIX
Gold Award - In-Store Display PromotionHARRY POTTER & THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS Display
Gold Award - Outdoor Ad - StaticMATRIX RELOADED Outdoor (Hollywood & Highland)
Silver Award - Comedy TrailerCHAPLIN
Silver Award - Teaser TrailerANIMATRIX
Home entertainment distributors, studios and their outside agencies are eligible for PROMAX&BDA Home Entertainment Awards for Excellence consideration. The awards themselves cover 35 categories and are judged based on creative approach, overall excellence or production quality and success in achieving marketing objectives in the promotion and marketing of Home DVD/VHS products.
PROMAX&BDA is the international association of promotion and marketing professionals in the electronic media, dedicated to advancing the role and increasing the effectiveness of promotion and marketing industry, related industries and the academic community. BDA is the sister organization of PROMAX and represents broadcast graphic designers. More information can be found at www.promax.org/main.asp.